KDE External monitor settings and the taskbar dissapearing.

I have a laptoip (Lenovo w530) and in normally sits on a docking station. On the dock there are two external digital monitors. Each one is set up with a panel and taskbar etc. When I disable the right hand monitor to do a Webex meeting (because otherwise it sends a composite view of both monitors that is unreadable) the taskbar from the right monitor gets relocated and overlays the main (left) monitor. When I re-enable the right monitor it does not get its panel back. It remains on the left monitor. I have to manually relocate it back to its own screen.
I go through this procedure 2 or 3 times a week because I do a lot of web meetings.
I think that when you disable a screen its panel should just get disabled and appear when re-enabled. Anyone got any ideas?

Config:
Opensuse 13.1
Lenovo W530

All up to date.

wcn

Well this question was never answered but I did learn a few things:
-The reason the taskbar was disappearing is because it was relotated to my primary monitor and was actually under the taskbar on that screen. Had to be deleted and recreated on the other screen. This problem reoccurs regularly as I take my laptop to work and then put it back on the dock at home.

Yesterday I disabled screen 1 and attached it to another computer to do some maintenance on it. My monitor configuration didn’t work very well and the desktop configuration of my laptop during that work was all wrong, but I ignored it till I was ready to return screen 1 to the laptop. I returned screen1 to the laptop and it appeared to be working. I then started xvidcap to record something for a coworker. Part way into that my screen went blank and has not come back. I’ve booted, powered off etc, but the external monitors will no function any more and xrandr reports the wrong dimensions for them:
Screen 0: minimum 8 x 8, current 2490 x 1572, maximum 16384 x 16384
VGA-0 connected primary (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
1920x1080 60.0 + 50.0
LVDS-0 connected 1920x1080+0+492 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 344mm x 193mm
1920x1080 60.0*+ 50.0
DP-0 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DP-1 connected 1920x1080+180+228 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 344mm x 193mm
1920x1080 60.0*+ 50.0
DP-2 connected 1920x1080+570+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 344mm x 193mm
1920x1080 60.0*+ 50.0
DP-3 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DP-4 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DP-5 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)

There is no vga monitor on the system and the external monitors (DP0 and 1) are wrong.
I’ve booted, powered off, safe mode run startx as root, same problem. Nvidia config app displays the same settings. Its almost as though my video card broke during the process of making the recording!
I’m downloading the opensuse live DVD and I’ll boot that to see what happens. If its broke there I’ll put a windows hard drive in to see what happens.