I am installing Leap on an old PC which has an asus m2a-vm card, which includes an onboard ATI Radeon X1250-based graphics (chipset: RS600/RS690/RS740).
I was able to install it using KDE choosing no KMS video mode.
I had to repeat the process several times because it hanged at different stages. Finally it worked without choosing to detect usb nor configuring networking before the installation started to copy files.
Now I am not able to get KDE to work. The screen goes black after boot and plasma dialog errors appears.
I have tried several things after reading https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Configuring_graphics_cards, but still I am not able to make it work:
- with nomodest kernel option (as default because I choose no MKS)
- adding fglrx driver using zypper as described here https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:AMD_fglrx
- tried with /etc/X11/xorg.conf based on /etc/X11/xorg.conf.install
- Xorg -configure gives different errors:
- (EE) Server terminated with error (2). Closing log file. - when booting without nomodeset
- (EE) Segmentation fault at address 0x0 - when booting with nomodeset
I am attaching two files with validations on console after booting, including /var/log/Xorg.0.log and some validations:
http://susepaste.org/32149822 - boot normal (without nomodeset)
http://susepaste.org/87278154 - boot with nomodeset
Any help is appreciated.