KDE 4.6.1 for openSUSE 11.4?

Hi,

I have just installed openSUSE 11.4 in my main laptop, now I want to update KDE to 4.6.1 but the repo:
Index of /repositories/KDE:/Release:/46/openSUSE_11.4
seems to have problems, it has some packages with version 4.6.1 and other with 4.6.0. When I try to make in Yast software installer to update all packages from this KDE repo a mess with dependencies is suggested.

Thanks.
Xavier.

I have the same problem. I get dependency errors about oxygen-icon-theme missing. I’m on 64bit, i haven’t check for 32bit (on another system).

I did an update to kde 4.6.1 using the kde rpm’s in factory oss yesterday. All works fine and brings in qt 4.7.2.

Which specific repo have you used?

This one:-

Index of /factory/repo/oss/suse

But I only updated the KDE parts

I can’t find the oxygen-icon-theme package in this repo and that is the package that yast says is missing when i try to upgrade to KDE 4.6.1

It is here:-

Index of /factory/repo/oss/suse/noarch

same problem here.

It seems that there is a building problem in KDE 4.6 repo.

https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor?blocked=0&building=0&dispatching=0&finished=0&project=KDE%3ARelease%3A46&scheduled=0&signing=0&succeeded=0

I hope that someone is looking at it. Should we report a bug?

I am experiencing the same problem(s) with KDE 4.6 / 4.6.1. Problem occurs on 11.3 and 11.4. My 32-bit (i586) 11.3 is clean with KDE through the 4.6.1 updates. The 64-bit (x86_64) 11.3 and 11.4 experience the dependency problems starting with “oxygen-icon-theme”. This dependency may be resolved by adding the KDE factory repositories, though further dependency issues arise.

I believe that the 4.6.1 oxygen-con-theme package (in the noarch section) is not included in the 64-bit repository.

I was going to give it a few days to “shake out”, since this all started on the release date for 11.4. Early perusal of bugzilla finds no mention of this problem.

I am glad that I am not the only one experiencing this.

Thanks to all, I hope it get fixed soon.

It is then time someone reported it. These problems do not report them selves.

It seems that the package (oxygen-icon-theme) has been built successfully

https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log?arch=x86_64&package=oxygen-icon-theme&project=KDE%3ARelease%3A46&repository=openSUSE_11.4

but i cannot see it in the repo yet (maybe it takes some time to refresh).

Problem is resolved. I’m just upgrading to KDE 4.6.1 without any dependency problem message.

Good work!!!

Index of /repositories/KDE:/Release:/46/openSUSE_11.4/i586

working fine…

Problem is resolved, both 32-bit and x86_64.

:slight_smile:

When will it move out of factory to stable? Also, what is the URL that you need to put in the repository to get 4.6.1?

We are talking about the factory repo.

Index of /repositories/KDE:/Release:/46/openSUSE_11.4

This repo has the stable KDE 4.6.1 for opensuse 11.4.

If you run into trouble loging in after upgrade from 4.6.0. to 4.6.1 Upstream, check out the screenshot and instruction here:
openSUSE starter: EXPERIMENTAL AREA - for experts only