kde 4.4.4 and intel 865g graphic card

Hi all,

I’ve got a problem to use intel graphic card and kde. When I enable opengl support it seems threa re refresh problems, botton now are visible, now not, it seems a blinking effect and when I move the pointer it seems kde try to re-draw the object but the object get invisible, so a relay mess. Xrender instead work but it’s slow. Whit opensuse 11.2 all was ok. glxgears however shows me pretty good performance so I don’t understand where is the problem. Any tips?

Marco

Have you install divers for this card?

stamostolias, the Intel drivers for the 865GM are included with openSUSE-11.3. One does not have to make any extra effort to install them. They come with the rpm xorg-x11-driver-video and if one types:

man intel 

one can read all about the driver.

Sorry for that, I thought that you should install them.

I was looking in Bugzilla for an answer and I stumbled across this bug report for a different problem on the Intel 865 Graphics: https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=594542

… the user’s solution was actually quasi related to what stamostolias was thinking … while the Intel driver (2.12 in openSUSE-11.3) should be the best driver, in some cases one is better off using an older version of the Intel driver (such as the version in use in openSUSE-11.2, which you note has no problems). Hence you could try the intellegacy driver which is version 2.9.1 of the Intel driver (built against the openSUSE-11.3 kernel/X version).

Take a look here at the “Practical Theory Guide” I wrote for graphics in openSUSE, … especially the Intel section: openSUSE Graphic Card Practical Theory Guide for Users where you could check to see if you have the rpm xorg-x11-driver-video-intel-legacy installed, and then once confirmed edit the /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-device.conf file to call the “intellegacy” driver. If you need help on how to do that, please advise !

I note on a different 865G bug report, a user updated their kernel and X version for a different bug, but IMHO that is a bit drastic: https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=661617

With intel legacy driver now it works!!! Thanks.

Good news ! Thanks to stamostolias for making me rethink this!

Thanks for drivers!!!:wink: