KDE 4.10.2 update - kdm and desktop changer issues and how to solve them

Yeah right.
For some reason the kdebase4 branding packages didn’t get rebuilt (yet)…
The others are ok though.

Well, you could just ignore the conflict in Yast. Those packages haven’t changed anyway…

I’m good with it. Done and dusted and working well. Thanks

Will trigger kdebase package rebuild, that now happened as we changed the build flags so only changed packages get rebuild (so the repo is ready sooner than with e.g. also rebuilding calligra). That however can cause such situations :frowning:

oooops, I didn’t noticed it…:slight_smile:

ok, this was my question…, thank you

thanx, I’m starting tu upgrade…

this make overcomed my previous question…, thanks again…

mmmm, there is beer for this…:slight_smile:

So I finally did the update and didn’t encounter these issues.
I tend to believe that they were caused by switching to kdm-branding-upstream and kdebase4-workspace-branding-upstream, since after the update you had the upstream default kdm theme and the upstream default number of desktops…

One thing I noticed though: the kde4-l10n packages are still at version 4.10.1 (in KDE: Distro:Factory they are at 4.10.2). But I guess they haven’t changed much anyway…

Yes, the KDM package had a version issue. You might consider to subscribe to the opensuse KDE mailing list, there you get more pertinent and up to date news (of course if you are not already written in). De facto the problem manifested for a technical issue of the OBS. For what is the desktop changer, it would be nice to know if that has to do with the fact that a bunch of plasmoids where changed of version just one day after the main packages. I did not pay attention if the desktop changer one was part of it. Eventually the two bugs will not manifest any more to whom is updating today. Cheers.

The translation packages got updated now as well (was an oversight) and are building right now…

The fact is, that the default number of desktops is set to 2 in kdebase4-workspace-branding-openSUSE. If you install kdebase4-workspace-branding-upstream, the default is 1… So if you haven’t explicitly changed your desktop count, you suddenly end up with having only 1 instead of 2.
And the default desktop pager hides itself when there’s only 1 desktop (that is by design).