Just ran into a problem overwriting files

I just downloaded a tarball and tried to extract it to my home folder. I got the window that said these files already existed and did I want to overwrite all the files (I just downloaded a newer version). I clicked the option “select all files” and clicked apply and Ark crashed. So I extracted the file with Ark to a different directory and extraction worked fine. I then copied the folder to my home directory and got the same window asking me if I wanted to overwrite the existing folder. I chose “select all files” and Dolphin crashed.

I’m not sure if this is related to the recent update to KDE Workspace 5.77 or not because I haven’t used Ark in a couple of months. I looked at KDE bugs but “overwriting all files” is a pretty general term for a bug search.

Anyone else seeing this?

Yes… Overwriting file works, but attempting to overwrite/writeinto an existing directory fails.

Would suggest you create a bug report over at KDE Log in to KDE Bugtracking System

Operating System: openSUSE Tumbleweed 20201216
KDE Plasma Version: 5.20.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.77.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.9.14-1-default

Ark Version: 20.08.3
Dolphin Version: 20.08.3

Edit: Starting Dolphin from a konsole window I see these errors:

paul@Orion-15:~$ dolphin
No protocol specified
kf.kio.core: "Could not enter folder tags:/."
kf.kio.core: "Could not enter folder tags:/."
kf.kio.core: We got some errors while running testparm "Weak crypto is allowed"
kf.kio.widgets: Could not open file for comparison: "/home/paul/Global/Temporary/Overwrite-Test"
KCrash: Application 'dolphin' crashing...
KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/lib64/libexec/drkonqi
No protocol specified

[1]+  Stopped                 dolphin
paul@Orion-15:~$