i've uninstalled gcc by mistake, how to reinstall

Hello,

I installed gcc 3.4.4, requeired to install GNU Pascal, and it uninstalled gcc 4.3.0. Now everything on this computer crashes: gnome, kde, yast… becouse they need libc++ 4.2 (or something like this). How can i reinstall it without reinstalling suse? I’m running suse 11.0

Thanks, Toni Pripoae

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

The opposite way you uninstalled it? Or:

yast -i gcc

Good luck.

toni2007 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I installed gcc 3.4.4, requeired to install GNU Pascal, and it
> uninstalled gcc 4.3.0. Now everything on this computer crashes: gnome,
> kde, yast… becouse they need libc++ 4.2 (or something like this). How
> can i reinstall it without reinstalling suse? I’m running suse 11.0
>
> Thanks, Toni Pripoae
>
>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFJUoQP3s42bA80+9kRAvo5AJkBveo1XoAIwd3FrCyX9NPLhHpc+QCaA66L
6BdF2nlqwbBdEi3qtmUJhBU=
=ZLf0
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

it doesn’t work. It says ‘GCC_4.2.0’ not found required by libstdc++.so.6. Any idea :smiley: ?

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

You could also get that and install it but it sounds like, at some
point, this could become really fun. Dependencies for various packages
can be long and painful at times if you don’t have a repository setup.
Do you still need GNU Pascal? Can you find a version that will work
with newer versions of gcc so you can keep your OS’s default software
and just add other that works with it?

Good luck.

toni2007 wrote:
> it doesn’t work. It says ‘GCC_4.2.0’ not found required by
> libstdc++.so.6. Any idea :smiley: ?
>
>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFJUokt3s42bA80+9kRAipUAJkBRNnL92jE3GmyWN1pA++5qKElhwCbBBa/
Ohj3AoG9TBANsYYfGHJwR7c=
=TPYc
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

No, i don’t need GNU Pascal, Free Pascal works as GPC, but i liked GPC more, so i tried to install it. If i run repair installation, from the dvd, can i repair gcc 4.3 ? or can i reinstall from the dvd? I’ve got the dvd…

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Try reinstalling from the DVD. If you go to Yast: Software:
Installation Source you should have the DVD listed but if you do not
then add it. From there Yast: Software: Software Management should let
you try to add the current version of GCC again.

Good luck.

toni2007 wrote:
> No, i don’t need GNU Pascal, Free Pascal works as GPC, but i liked GPC
> more, so i tried to install it. If i run repair installation, from the
> dvd, can i repair gcc 4.3 ? or can i reinstall from the dvd? I’ve got
> the dvd…
>
>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFJUo2k3s42bA80+9kRAroqAJ9aX1EtILSCPTy6BlQxAZ+80WemAACeNRsY
zQJ2U3m7JnHVFz3qMWcRBt8=
=Q+x0
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

i can’t open yast :|. So i have to try repairing

what do you think? does it work to compile gcc 4.3.2 with gcc 3.4.4?