Issue with Tumbleweed Yast

Has anyone had problems with yast?

I have tried clean installs from the last three tumbleweed iso’s (both kde & gnome) and had the same issue. Say for example I select Totem to de-install the standard message comes up - that two packages depend on totem and asking whether these packages are also to be removed. I click yes and OK and yast just closes without doing anything.

Yes. I think this has been mentioned on the factory mailing list, and I think there is an open bug report.

When there is a conflict dialog, Yast closes (probably crashes) at the end of the dialog.

I got around that problem by using “zypper” which does not crash. If I recall, “yast --ncurses” probably also works without crashing.

Thanks for posting. Always good to know that am not the only one!

I had never used zypper before but am picking it up (slowly).

in yast have you tried deleting the dependant packages first
before trying to delete Totem?

this has worked a couple of times in similar situations

this is also the case when trying to remove an old kernel,
the old has to be removed before installing the new

Yes: 941398 – YaST2 software managements crashes

Actually it’s fixed already, but I think the fix didn’t make it into Tumbleweed yet.
Fixed packages are available in the devel repo (YaST:Head) though, see the bug report.

This hit me the other day too. And as already mentioned, I just used zypper.
But I’m still plagued with a host of other issues in Printing/CUPS

Thanks very much. I did a yast update from YaST:Head repo and yast is back working fine.

not yet pushed to tumbleweed repo… it’s long :wink:

Yeah. They submitted further changes meanwhile which probably delay the review process.

Also, there hasn’t been any new Tumbleweed snapshot at all in the last 2 weeks because of problems:
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2015-09/msg00607.html

The fix has been accepted 7 hours ago, and should be in the next snapshot, hopefully published in the next few days.

But, there is a new TW snapshot. Got ~1000 updates this morning, incl. Plasma5 5.4.1 …

Just checked, the fix for sw_single hasn’t made it yet.

No. The new snapshot is actually a few days old already, it’s 20150924.

But as mentioned the fix has been accepted into Factory a few hours ago, and therefore should be in the next snapshot (20150927 or later).

I noticed that too.

Thanks for the heads-up Wolfi

update soon :), i hope

Maybe, maybe not.
See here:
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2015-10/msg00039.html

with the tdoay update, problem is still there

No, it isn’t.
I just tried on a fresh Tumbleweed installation, and YaST does not crash any more after the conflict resolution dialog shows up.

Maybe your system is not fully up to date?
Run “zypper dup”, and/or check that you have libyui-qt-pkg7-2.45.4 installed.

Same for me - following a clean install of 02102015 - yast works fine.

crashed 1 time on 3 attempt…

More details, please.
When does it crash exactly, e.g.

Maybe you have a completely different problem?

And what libyui* packages do you have installed?

rpm -qa libyui*