Issue updating new OpenSuSE 12.2 v4 AMI

Hi,

I have an error when updating this server creating using the SUSE Studio. Each time the update process shows up errors and then hangs indefinitely. Following a reboot of the machine, the system reports that there is “Nothing to do”. I would like to be assured that this is really the case. I have created and terminated 3 instances now and the same happens each time.

openSUSE-12.2-v4.0.0.x86_64

zypper up

(lots of successful installs I have removed from the post, followed by...)
Installing: wallpaper-branding-openSUSE-12.2-11.12.1 ........................................................................................................................[done]
Installing: kernel-ec2-3.4.11-2.16.1 ........................................................................................................................................[done]
Additional rpm output:

Kernel image:   /boot/vmlinuz-3.4.11-2.16-ec2
Initrd image:   /boot/initrd-3.4.11-2.16-ec2
Root device:	/dev/sda1 (mounted on / as ext3)
find: `/lib/modules/3.4.11-2.16-ec2/kernel/drivers/scsi': No such file or directory
modprobe: Module thermal not found.
WARNING: no dependencies for kernel module 'thermal' found.
modprobe: Module processor not found.
WARNING: no dependencies for kernel module 'processor' found.
modprobe: Module fan not found.
WARNING: no dependencies for kernel module 'fan' found.
Kernel Modules:	jbd ext3 cdrom xenblk xennet 
Features:       acpi EC2 block

Installing: udev-182-4.21.1 .....................................................................<50%>==========================================================================/]

On the first 2 attempts, I used

zypper patch

but this produced the same issue.

Also, Yast is not installed by default. I installed Yast2 using Zypper, but when I run Yast from the command line, I get a completely empty menu, with only the options to Help or Quit.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

I have solved all issues.

zypper in autoyast2
zypper in yast2-online-update
zypper in yast2-online-update-configuration
zypper in yast2-online-update-frontend
zypper in yast2-users

gave me everything I needed and then the online update from within Yast worked faultlessly!

I hope this helps someone else.