Is it possible to show all the unread threads ?

Is it possible to show all the unread threads in one page ?
that is, in one page all the unread in the sub-forums of : Get Technical Help Here ?

I’m not sure what is being asked.

I show the new threads by clicking the “new posts” link near the top of the page. But sometimes that will give several pages (25 messages per page).

I just checked my settings. They say that I am supposed to see 40 messages per page. But I only see 25. So I guess that is not changeable.

Search Link: Search Forums - openSUSE Forums

Use these options:

http://paste.opensuse.org/view/download/44207059

See if this does what you want.

Thank You,

It would appear that on Sep 3, nrickert did say:

> I show the new threads by clicking the “new posts” link near the top of
> the page. But sometimes that will give several pages (25 messages per
> page).
>
> I just checked my settings. They say that I am supposed to see 40
> messages per page. But I only see 25. So I guess that is not
> changeable.

Odd thing that… All I know is the last time I opened a single thread with more than 40
replies, the first 40 did make it to the same page.

I note though, that the results of the “new posts” button are actually just a list of
Thread Titles (Like in a Forum index page {where you only get 20 of them per page})
They are not the same thing as messages which you don’t see until you open one of the
threads.

JtWdyP

Yes, that works to set the number of messages in a page for a single thread. But the setting is ignored when looking at thread titles, where it seems to be fixed at 25 per page.

No big deal.

When I visit the forum, I click “new posts”, and that gives me a list of thread titles which contain messages that are not marked as read.

With that list (sometimes several pages), I pick the topic I wish to see. The little arrow or dot at the top left of the thread title takes me to the first new post in that thread.

Once I have finished going through the new posts, I once again load new posts, but only the first page. Then I click on “Mark Forum Read” to mark everything as read. Then I look through the most recently loaded list of new posts (obtained just before marking as read), to see if there is anything of interest that I have missed.

It seems to work reasonably well.