IPP Network Printing Multiple Servers Suse 11.x

Question: We need to share/manage printers using Suse 11.x.
What changed between 9.3 and 11.x printer management?

Facts: We are running a 7 server network, 40 users, with Suse 9.3 thru 11.1. Client machines point to queues on 1 server while another server acts as print server and management. We also share a few printers connected to thin clients. This is all done thru assigned IP addresses. The 9.x and 10.x machines share and manage printers very well. We have yet to be successful in sharing and managing printers in Suse 11.x I have read the forum on here, worked with the cupsd.conf file, etc. I can ping the machines, but the server with the user accessible queues, will not “see” the printers connected to the Suse 11.x machines. We are using Yast to create a printer queue for the remote printer via remote cups server IPP protocol. When the connection is tested, the print queue is not accessible. This same technique works in 9.x and 10.x Help is appreciated.

I’ve found subtle differences in the default cupsd.conf files installed from 10.0 to 11.1. That’s detailed (sort of) here:
Linux Printer Sharing: Suse/openSUSE 10.x 11.x IPP Print Server for Linux & Windows Clients

I found in 11.0, 11.1 that I had to adjust the mime types, but your error message doesn’t suggest that as a problem (yet).

Anyway, maybe that link will be useful for the 11x series, maybe indicate some clue. Good luck.