Internet connection working but nothing show in network connections

The problem with new installs of 12.3 with networking I was able to get fixed using another forum post, but I still have this issue (more of an annoyance) with networking - in ‘interfaces’ and ‘connections’ nothing is shown. Once again, internet works mind you but I cannot get the network tab to show any detail on my connection. I am still a newb on this distro so please let me know if you need more info.

And we’re talking about which desktop? And where / in which program?
How’s the networking setup? Networkmanager / ifup ?

I also have the same problem.

I get an IP address via DHCP and internet works nicely.

However, Network Manager shows nothing. It does not detect the network card and it is not possible to configure anything.

Nevertheless, going into YaSt > Network Settings, it then possible to configure the network that is detected there. Is it not possible to set the Gateway address though, making it hard to configure the network.

I am using OpenSuse 13.1, KDE desktop.

You don’t actually have a problem.

But if you want to use NetworkManager or its frontends, like the networkmanagement applet in KDE, you have to enable it.
YaST->Network Devices->Network Settings->Global Options

On openSUSE, ifup is used by default, unless a wireless device is detected during installation (AFAIK).

And please note that you replied to a thread from 2013 about openSUSE 12.3.
openSUSE 12.3 had a problem regarding activating NetworkManager correctly on a fresh install.