I have kind of a strange problem only related with OpenSUSE (everything works well with other linux distros).
Namely, each time, after the initial boot and after some time passes (browsing the net, intalling new apps maybe), the internet (wired) connection dies. The problem is, it still shows up as connected in the control module, but I have no internet access. I can’t seem to figure out the problem myself so I’m posting some logs here hoping that someone could be able to help me.
Also, I should mention, my ethernet controller works ok, but it has a driver which is not initially meant for my card model (and actually it is for a completely different card vendor), but it works ok as far as I can tell (which is not very reliable based on experience xD ).
Huh? Why would I fake this?
I’m simply looking for some help since I’ve just switched from mainly using Ubuntu for the past few months and I never had problems there. I’m actually using this laptop, if this information helps at all.
Anyway, I’ve come to realize that this only happens once after boot and after I reconnect the network, it doesn’t happen again, I think it might be a software error because everything seems to be in order on the hardware side. Here are some screenshots this time which hopefully can prove that I’m not faking this
Connection loss logs: http://i47.tinypic.com/2hfp8c2.png
If you need I can also post other command logs here, but this is all I could think of (and know of) for now…
It’s not that big of a deal for me, since the internet is back after reconnecting each time, but it’s kind of annoying, so if anyone has any ideas as to why this may be happening I’d be really grateful.
Thank you in advance.
P.S. Can anyone link me to a manual driver installation guide? I want to try to install a new driver I downloaded for my ethernet card, but I couldn’t find any comprehensive enough guide around (at least not one that I can understand currently).
Maybe I used the wrong words. But what you posted here between CODE tags as being copied/pasted from a terminal window straight into the post between the CODE tags simply can’t be that.
Line feeds are missing at least between the command and the output. And in the route listing I miss the local loop address.
The problem is that people do not fake this because they want to make fools of the people who try to help, but they often sincerely think that they leave out unneeded information. And thus the output is false (or faked) not out of bad meanings, but it is. And when they do, they often do not tell (you can imagine that people leave out a few hundred of lines from a log for good reason, but please tell!). And when they do not tell and we see corrupted output then we can not know what is left out. And what is left out can be of imminent importance. After all, the person with the problem did already look to that output from all sides, but, not finding a solution, often is blind for the obvious. Thus when you have a problem and want advice, you should offer as much as possible and as trustworthy as possible. This is often the only way that the helper can say: Oh, but …
Thus please copy/paste including prompts at start and finish, then it will allways be complete including the command and it’s output. And of course, when applicable, you can leave out or change readable passwords and the like, but please say so.
Edit: though your screen shots also provide what we try to get, but it is a bit unreadable.