Intel Q963 Video driver problem with Suse 11.0 install

Hello …

To whom it may concern

After I install Suse 11.0 on my IBM Desktop ThinkCenter … the Login screen is not coming up propertly on my workstation … the screen is scrambling on my monitor preventing me from login …

I think the video resolution is not displaying propertly on my machine …

During the install I notice Suse was automatically installing a video driver (Intel 945 G) on my machine but when I research on IBM web site the intel card on my workstation is Intel Q963 (* Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3000 with 256 MB memory)

I try to download the IBM Driver for linux and I can seem to install on it on suse …

is there a Intel Video Q963 driver for Suse?
Where could I download it?
and I do I select that driver to install on Suse?

Thanks …

Intel Linux Graphics: Downloads

Set your monitor resolution first. ctrl-atl-F3. Login as root. init 3. sax2. Choose monitor and resolution. Reboot.

Odds are the driver is installed already as part of xorg. You can see it if you type lsmod | grep intel. Good luck.

When I type the command lsmod | grep intel at the root …

I am getting this message

snd_hda_intel
intel_grp
snd_pcm
snd_page_alloc
snd_hwdep
agpgart
snd

after I see this message … what do I type (Details - Newbie (Step by Step))

I resolved it by Reinstall Suse 11.0 from scratch and install KDE 3.5 instead of 4.0 …

During the install of Suse 11.0 … You could scan for additional Reposistories or Add repositories …

I added VLC video repositories
I added NVIDia Driver Repositories
I added ATI Driver Repositories
and I added Packman Repositories for Suse 11.0 During the install …

Then After I install Suse 11.0 … ** I login into Suse 11.0 Failsafe mode (Not Default KDE)** … FailSafe mode and ran the updated repositiories for internet …

Then when to my Hardware Display to set the my video display to 1600x1200 UXGA and **set bit 16 instead of 24 bit ** …

after I reboot the machine and login into the Default setting of KDE 3.5 … I think the KDE is 2.6.26.-9 default (I think) …

Now my Video driver works fine with no problem Suse 11.0 with using KDE 3.5 … not KDE 4.0 … …