Installing Root6 (Science Repo) fails: Missing libs

Hi Geekos!

I tries installing the statistics package Root6 with zypper install root6 from the Science repo. (I’m on Leap 15.2, x86_64).

Executing root, however, yields:

~> root 
ERROR in cling::CIFactory::createCI(): 
  resource directory /usr/share/root/cling/lib/clang/9.0.1 not found! 
error: unable to read PCH file /usr/share/root/allDict.cxx.pch: 'No such file or directory' 
fatal error: PCH file '/usr/share/root/allDict.cxx.pch' not found: module file not found 

*** Break *** segmentation violation 
Error in <TUnixSystem::StackTrace> script /usr/share/root/gdb-backtrace.sh is missing 

The directory /usr/share/root/ does not exist; also, /usr/lib64/root6/ does not exist (iirc that’s where root v5 installed it’s stuff). locate Cling returns nothing (after updatedb).

Maybe there’s something wrong with the dependencies? Or do I have to install anything further? Isn’t that weird?

, /usr/lib64/root6/ does not exist
Have you installe root6-libs?

pm -ql https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/science/openSUSE_Leap_15.2/x86_64/root6-libs-6.24.02-lp152.1.4.x86_64.rpm
warning: https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/science/openSUSE_Leap_15.2/x86_64/root6-libs-6.24.02-lp152.1.4.x86_64.rpm: Header V3 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 943d8bb8: NOKEY
/etc/ld.so.conf.d/root6.conf
/usr/lib64/root6
/usr/lib64/root6/libASImage.so.6.24
/usr/lib64/root6/libASImage.so.6.24.02
/usr/lib64/root6/libASImageGui.so.6.24
/usr/lib64/root6/libASImageGui.so.6.24.02

Hi!

Yes, apparently, that’s installed (as a dependency, I assume):

sudo zypper install root6-libs 
Repository-Daten werden geladen... 
Installierte Pakete werden gelesen... 
'root6-libs' ist bereits installiert. 
Kein Aktualisierungskandidat für 'root6-libs-6.24.02-lp152.1.4.x86_64'. Die neueste Version ist bereits installiert. 
Paketabhängigkeiten werden aufgelöst... 
Keine auszuführenden Aktionen. 

To make understanding easier in this English part of the forums, you can precede commands with their output you want to show with LANG=C. Example

LANG=C zypper ......