Installed Hypervisor, rebooted, and now suse hangs on loading Ramdisk

This is a fresh install of OpenSuSE 12.3 Dartmouth, x64 with UEFI and Secureboot enabled on a Dell XPS 8500, with a 2TB disk, Nvidia GeForce Gt 620

First of all, I want to congratulate the OpenSuSE team for everything. You guys make the only Linux distro that works on my UEFI PC. rotfl!

I wanted to install Hypervisor and Xen, just exploring the OS and its capabilities. :slight_smile:

But after I installed some things(NVidia drivers) I selected in the KDE reboot menu Opensuse 12.3 with Xen and Hypervisor, and rebooted.
I don’t even get the chance to see the GRUB2-EFI menu. It goes straight to loading the kernel, and tries to load the ramdisk, and hangs there.
Just to be safe, I waited 48 hours to make sure that it wasn’t being slow.

**I guess my question is, how do I get back to the GRUB2 menu and boot without Xen?

**The link in the trackback is similar, but I have already installed OpenSuSE without any issues.

Oops, I forgot to add that the Nvidia drivers are NOT the problem.
I have installed SuSE many a time on this hardware, and the driver version I’m using, I have used before successfully.

updated title

I might be wrong but I seem to recall there were NVIDIA driver + Xen problems in days past. Not sure if they were ever fixed.

So, I should just re-install, but not format the /home partition?

Well that will bring you back to square one

I keep all of my stuff in /home. I can just click ‘Do not format partition’ in the setup menu

If the OS is fubar, I don’t see why not. I can just leave well enough alone and just keep Xen not installed this time.

Thank you for your support.

-urghh

Yep…