I am attempting to install OpenSUSE 13.1, however, after accepting “Installation” at the initial prompt I receive warnings from the monitor specifying that the signal is out of range or bad. Before this monitor prompt is displayed, I do notice that the install begins and does show the loading text and gets to “Starting udev…” before the issue being discussed. It does seem to be a complication with the initial settings so I have tried various steps to solve the problem.
- Set “nomodeset” and tried “F3 Video Mode” with the “No KMS” setting
- Tried “F3 Video Mode” with the “Text Mode” setting and attempted running at run level 3
- Tried “F3 Video Mode” with various resolution settings
- Tried “F5 Kernel” with “Safe Settings” and just to try it, all other settings
- Attempted various other boot options, including trying to set the vga resolution manually
I have attempted each of the above (and possibly more) in various combinations on various monitors with no luck. This was all performed using the DVD iso and the Live iso. I have performed a media check, but it had to be completed on a different computer as it also resulted in a bad input signal.
Thanks for any ideas.