install of nvidia drivers 310.19 on kernel 3.6.7 failed

on my laptop=samsung rv520
opensuse tumbleweed
video board=nvidia GEFORCE GT 520M
kernel=Linux 3.6.7-12-desktop x86_64
nvidia driver=NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-310.19.run

after upgrade I tried to install NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-310.19.run via SANDI and lnvhw, this error pop up

from /var/log/nvidia-installer.log

ERROR: Failed to run `/usr/sbin/dkms build -m nvidia -v 304.51 -k 3.6.7-12-desktop`: 
Kernel preparation unnecessary for this kernel.  Skipping...

Building module:
cleaning build area....
make KERNELRELEASE=3.6.7-12-desktop module SYSSRC=/lib/modules/3.6.7-12-desktop/build....(bad exit status: 2)

Error! Bad return status for module build on kernel: 3.6.7-12-desktop (x86_64)
Consult the make.log in the build directory
/var/lib/dkms/nvidia/304.51/build/ for more information.

the previous
NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-304.51.run
kernel 3.6.3-8-desktop
worked well

is there any way to solve??
thnx, ciao:-), Pier

I have the nVIDIA proprietary video driver version 310.19 working with kernel version 3.6.7 using KDMS. You can not use the KDMS option from the nVIDIA driver if you are also using SANDI. The bash script I call SANDI takes care of everything for you except to actually load dkms from YaST. If you select the dkms option from the nVIDIA driver, this will fail to operate. Just run SANDI again, select the same driver version and have it remove everything else. When you do a full install the nVIDIA driver, you will get all sorts of errors and you must elect to continue on everyone one, perhaps dozens, before you can get through the mess using the dkms option in the nVIDIA driver can create.

Thank You,

Is ran an update right now, and see that a new kernel-desktop is available, yet no kernel-source. I’m using bumblebee right now, so I can’t test in this matter, but IIRC the NVIDIA blobs require the kernel source to be exactly the same version.

Hy, thank you, I used SANDI option 5 to uninstall twice the 310.19 and twice the previous nvidia driver, used SANDI twice tu FULL install the 310.19, answering NO at the register DKMS answer, and everything works now!!!, many thanks:-))
by the way, if in SANDI I use the option tha answer YES to all, does it answer yes to DKMS or not??

Happy to hear SANDI got you working. Since I have used it that way, (Answer all Questions as Yes), apparently the dkms question is not asked using that option. The nVIDIA dkms option does not seem to work and never works (creates an error) unless you compiled your own kernel. I wrote SANDI with openSUSE operation in mind but SANDI also requires that you compile your own kernel using SAKC or a similar means.

Thank You,