Install LXDE live cd and can't boot

I installed lxde from a live cd and can’t boot into anything. At first, when I rebooted, the computer went to grub>, so I used grub commands to find the grub menu lst. It was in (hd0,5). So I made that the root and grub said it was successful. I rebooted, now I get error 25. Was I supposed to enable one of the boot options in the setup? The setup showed two boot options, MBR and root (I think), both disabled. I just clicked continue. Did I mess up the install setup?

i’m experiencing same problem. i had to re-format and install… yet i’m held up at grub prompt.
i have installed again with boot from mbr enables… no use.

Which version of the live CD do you use?
I wanted to test the live installer today anyway…

I installed lxde from a live cd and can’t boot into anything. At first, when I rebooted, the computer went to grub>, so I used grub commands to find the grub menu lst. It was in (hd0,5). So I made that the root and grub said it was successful. I rebooted, now I get error 25. Was I supposed to enable one of the boot options in the setup? The setup showed two boot options, MBR and root (I think), both disabled. I just clicked continue. Did I mess up the install setup?

Well we know you have 382Mb of RAM detected, can yoiu tell us some more about your hardware ?

I just installed to a clean HD with default settings.
Options were: generic MBR, grub installed to root-partition.
No probs here…

I used the top one in the list. If you go to the live cd list for LXDE you will see four downloads. I picked the top one.
10tz1009, did you enable one of those options? Both were disabled on my install.

I used 64Bit, but that should not be the matter. And no, I did not change any options (except username and password).
did you install to an empty HD?

No, dual boot with xp. already had drive partitioned. LXDE recognized partitions and that setup seemed to go well. I still think it has something to do with the tow boot options that were both disabled. I think I should have enabled the “boot from MBR”.

I think I should have enabled the “boot from MBR”.

I would have.

I’m reinstalling and I have enabled booting from mbr, and I even made windows the default os to boot. I’ll let you know what happens.

Note that if windows does not boot afterwards, the boot loader issue is easy to fix.

Stand by; I may need to know the “easy” fix.

Its 2.30 AM over here , you may need to be quick to catch me before I crash out. I will be back though ,and others can and will help here.
I will be back after work.

dvhenry or anyone still awake,

I got to reboot and then the infamous “error 25”.
How about that easy fix.