Incredibly blurry libreoffice icons in gnome

I’m using opensuse 12.3 gnome, clean install fully updated. Libreoffice’s icons are incredibly buggy. If I search gnome-shell for a libreoffice application such as writer and open it, I get a proper sharp resolution icon. But once I start using writer (if I start typing a document), the icon in the gnome-shell dock immediately turns to a super low resolution awful looking icon. This also happens if I open the main libreoffice app (the one that has launchers for all the others) and open any libreoffice app from there, the icon is blurry from the start. can be 100% reproduced by going to alt + f2 and doing libreoffice --writer or libreoffice --calc, the icon will be immediately blurry. I didn’t have this problem with the same version of libreoffice and gnome in other distros.

Is there any way to fix this?

There are some libreoffic-icon-themes:

zypper se -s libreoffice-icon
Daten des Repositories laden ...
Installierte Pakete lesen ...

S | Name                              | Typ        | Version         | Arch   | Repository                         
--+-----------------------------------+------------+-----------------+--------+------------------------------------
i | libreoffice-icon-theme-crystal    | Paket      | 4.0.3.3.2-5.1   | noarch | openSUSE BuildService - LibreOffice
v | libreoffice-icon-theme-crystal    | Paket      | 3.6.3.2.4-2.4.1 | noarch | openSUSE-12.3-Oss                  
i | libreoffice-icon-theme-galaxy     | Paket      | 4.0.3.3.2-5.1   | noarch | openSUSE BuildService - LibreOffice
v | libreoffice-icon-theme-galaxy     | Paket      | 3.6.3.2.4-2.4.1 | noarch | openSUSE-12.3-Oss                  
i | libreoffice-icon-theme-hicontrast | Paket      | 4.0.3.3.2-5.1   | noarch | openSUSE BuildService - LibreOffice
v | libreoffice-icon-theme-hicontrast | Paket      | 3.6.3.2.4-2.4.1 | noarch | openSUSE-12.3-Oss                  
i | libreoffice-icon-theme-oxygen     | Paket      | 4.0.3.3.2-5.1   | noarch | openSUSE BuildService - LibreOffice
v | libreoffice-icon-theme-oxygen     | Paket      | 3.6.3.2.4-2.4.1 | noarch | openSUSE-12.3-Oss                  
  | libreoffice-icon-theme-tango      | Paket      | 4.0.3.3.2-5.1   | noarch | openSUSE BuildService - LibreOffice
  | libreoffice-icon-theme-tango      | Paket      | 3.6.3.2.4-2.4.1 | noarch | openSUSE-12.3-Oss                  
  | libreoffice-icon-themes           | Quellpaket | 4.0.3.3.2-5.1   | noarch | openSUSE BuildService - LibreOffice
  | libreoffice-icon-themes-prebuilt  | Paket      | 4.0.3.3.2-1.1   | x86_64 | openSUSE BuildService - LibreOffice
  | libreoffice-icon-themes-prebuilt  | Paket      | 4.0.3.3.2-1.1   | i586   | openSUSE BuildService - LibreOffice
  | libreoffice-icon-themes-prebuilt  | Paket      | 3.6.3.2.4-2.4.1 | x86_64 | openSUSE-12.3-Oss                  
  | libreoffice-icon-themes-prebuilt  | Paket      | 3.6.3.2.4-2.4.1 | i586   | openSUSE-12.3-Oss

You can change the Icon-Theme in libreoffice.

Those are just for the toolbar icons though right? Those are fine for me, my problem is with the actual application icons for libreoffice that shows in the gnome-shell alt-tab and dock.

Alt+F2==> r and restart shell.
I do that to remove blur.i see blurry icons in Alt+tab too. My screenshots before and refresh are here.
It used to happen very often in the past when 12.3 was released ,but it happens very rarely nowadays

restarting shell doesn’t help at all for me, blurry icon still there. And i’m on a fully updated 12.3 gnome install, and it was a clean install. here’s a screenshot of what I’m talking about: http://i.imgur.com/7E1BNVn.png

I didn’t have this problem at all when using other gnome 3.6 distros. It seems like libreoffice in opensuse is poorly packaged…

That is definitely a bug. The second blurry one should sit behind the first one.

i can reproduce this issue only some of the times though . If i restart shell and launch it from dash it shows up well sometimes

If you open it from the dash it probably will show up fine at first. But when you actually type something into writer the duplicate icon immediately appears.

Dash launch doesn’t throw up duplicate when using this Dash And Overview Click Fix - GNOME Shell Extensions
other kinds of launch through alt+f2 ,activities breaks the bubble