IDP Portal password reset token expires after 24 hours. Email with token take +-24 hours to arrive. See the problem?

I’m logged in on my desktop, but I have no idea what the password is. So I request a password reset… and wait. And wait some more.

Next day, the reset email with the IDP Portal reset token arrives. But by that point the token has expired so I need to request a new reset token.

Rinse. Repeat.

Any reason for the massive lag? The registered email address is a 20yr plus global webmail provider.

And you checked E-Mail headers and are absolutely sure that the delay is on the sender side?

haha, well notification of this reply turned up immediately.

the answer is no, but i will check when the token i requested yesterday eventually shows up…

The password and IdP portal are both outside of the forums themselves - you need to send an e-mail to admin (at) opensuse (dot) org for help with this.

2 Likes

There is an issue and open progress ticket, I’ve added this thread to the ticket.

@hendersj the problem is a user resets their password, they cannot log in anywhere in the infrastructure, so creating a ticket and the login folks ask a question, unfortunately the user cannot log into progress to add further info, chicken/egg situation.

1 Like

Ah, I see - that makes sense.

I don’t quite understand - it should be perfectly possible to respond to questions we ask in the ticket by responding to the email notification, no? It’s only confusing to some users they get a permission error if they try to actually click the progress.o.o link in the notification email.

As suggested, if you encounter this repeatedly, you can open a ticket with admin@opensuse.org and we can check when the mail was sent and if there are any server side delays.
To avoid us having to verify the authenticity please send the email from the same address as the one your account is registered with.

1 Like

email turned up at half past midnight last night.

Received: from 127.0.0.1
by “xxxxxx” Sun, 8 Jan 2023 00:31:43 +0000
Return-Path: noreply@suse.de
X-Originating-Ip: [195.135.220.28]
Received-SPF: pass (domain of suse.de designates 195.135.220.28 as permitted sender)
Authentication-Results: “xxxxxxx”
dkim=pass header.i=@suse.de header.s=susede2_rsa;
dkim=perm_fail header.i=@suse.de header.s=susede2_ed25519;
spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=suse.de;
dmarc=pass(p=NONE,sp=NONE) header.from=suse.de;

Received: from relay2.suse.de (relay2.suse.de [149.44.160.134])
by smtp-out1.suse.de (Postfix) with ESMTP id D993E37202
for <“xxxxxx@xxxxxx.xxx”>; Tue, 3 Jan 2023 23:41:40 +0000 (UTC)

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=“utf-8”
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Password reset
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2023 23:41:40 +0000
To: “xxxxxx@xxxxxx.xxx”
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Length: 663

@crameleon not my experience in the past, it created a new ticket when responding, hence log in to respond.