I want my wireless network Works when the notebook starts!

Hi!
I am a user of 13.1 from China. I want some help from You guys.
Each time I start my notebook ,I need to start my wireless network manually. I have tried some methods to get the problem fixed without no results.
I wander if there are **any **bash scripts that can help me ?

My wireless network is named wlp3s0 and drived by ath9k.

Thanks!

Which desktop are you using?
Are you using NetworkManager or ifup?

If NetworkManager:
Have you set the wireless connection to connect automatically at login?
Try to set the connection to be a “system connection” (or “shared with other users”), it should then be established during boot already.

I have tried some methods to get the problem fixed without no results.

And which ones?

I wander if there are **any **bash scripts that can help me ?

Shouldn’t be necessary, and won’t help either I suppose, depending on why your connection is not being established automatically.

My wireless network is named wlp3s0 and drived by ath9k.

Ok, but that shouldn’t matter at all for your problem.
The connection does work when you connect manually, right?

I can not find the NetworkManager or ifup

Hm? How are you connecting then? :open_mouth:
Look in YaST->Network Devices->Network Settings->Global Options. For a wireless connection NetworkManager is probably the better choice, and only this enables your Desktop’s network functionality.

And what about my other questions?
Like which desktop you are using? (KDE, GNOME, …)

Of course KDE.
There is no** Global Options** in the YaST.(I want to show you a picture of my screen , but I do not know how)
All I get is Yast->Network and Connectivity->Network Settings->(Network Connections ;Proxy; Connection Preferences;Service Discovery)
What should I do?

Why “Of course”?
There are many different desktops available in openSUSE, like GNOME, XFCE, Mate, LXDE, …

There is no** Global Options** in the YaST.(I want to show you a picture of my screen , but I do not know how)

As I said, go into Network Settings->Network Devices, and there switch to the Global Options tab.
http://wstaw.org/m/2014/09/23/yast.png

And again I ask, how are you connecting at the moment?
If you use KDE’s networkmanagement plasmoid in the system tray, then NetworkManager is actually enabled, otherwise it would not work at all.

What should I do?

Try the things I wrote in the first reply.
In particular setup the wireless connection as “system connection” and verify that “Connect automatically” is enabled.
It should then be established during boot already, before you log in.

To do that click on the network icon in the system tray, select “Manage Connections”, select your connection and click on “Edit”.

Thank you for your kindness. And I have set the wireless connection as “system connection” and “Connect automatically” .
However, when I reboot my computer, I need to press Fn+F3 to switch the** wireless network card** on just like before.
What I really want is I can start my wireless network without pressing Fn+F3.

Well, this is something completely different then, and explains why you had to connect manually at all.

Your card is switched off hardware-wise, and you have to turn it on first via Fn+F3.

Have a look in your BIOS settings and see whether there is an option to turn it on.
Or maybe there’s some hardware switch with which you can turn it on permanently.

Other than that I cannot really help you in this case I’m afraid.

I have checked the BIOS and found no such options. I am a little upset by my computer.I will look for help from the Hardware Forum.
Anyway, Thank you for your patience and kindness.