I am too stupid to use Zypper

Hi folks,

I am not really sure what happened here, and I can’t actually see where the issue is (you might notice I feel somewhat confused). But that’s what I did:
I wanted to install the Spotify stand alone player application. I remember that there was a script well working. It is this one: http://packman.links2linux.org/package/spotify-installer/626773 – fine. Since I have the PackMan repo in my repo list, I just hit

sudo zypper in spotify-installer

Worked well (German output):

Daten des Repositories laden ...
Installierte Pakete lesen ...
Paketabhängigkeiten auflösen ...

Das folgende NEUE Paket wird installiert:
  spotify-installer 

1 neues Paket zu installieren.
Gesamtgröße des Downloads: 12,7 KiB. Bereits zwischengespeichert: 0 B  Nach der Operation werden zusätzlich 20,6 KiB belegt.
Fortfahren? [j/n/? zeigt alle Optionen] (j): 
Paket spotify-installer-0.9.17.8.gd06432d.31-5.1.x86_64 wird abgerufen                                                                                   (1/1),  12,7 KiB ( 20,6 KiB entpackt)
Abruf: spotify-installer-0.9.17.8.gd06432d.31-5.1.x86_64.rpm .........................................................................................................................[fertig]
Test auf Dateikonflikte: .............................................................................................................................................................[fertig]
(1/1) Installation von: spotify-installer-0.9.17.8.gd06432d.31-5.1 ...................................................................................................................[fertig]

Now I wanted to start the app:

~> spotify-installer
If 'spotify-installer' is not a typo you can use command-not-found to lookup the package that contains it, like this:
    cnf spotify-installer

Meh! I don’t get this in the first place… But than also “which” couldn’t find anything. As a kind of last resort I went to “/” and did

find . ! -readable -prune -name "*spotify-installer*"

Which returned nothing. WTF?! Am I doing stupid? Or is there something wrong with the package (the GitHub pages says there’s a bug with their script, but that does explicitly not apply to the PackMan version).

Please give me a hint! Thanks!

the install script is
install-spotify located in /usr/bin/install-spotify
try running

install-spotify

A good idea to check what has been installed first (including any README files)

# rpm -ql spotify-installer
/usr/bin/install-spotify
/usr/share/doc/packages/spotify-installer
/usr/share/doc/packages/spotify-installer/README.html
/usr/src/packages/SPECS/spotify-client.spec

As I_A mentioned already,…

/usr/bin/install-spotify