Huawei e200 usb stick is not working in openSUSE 11.3

Although my Huawei e200 usb stick is working well under ubuntu, its not working in openSUSE.

I think the udev rule provided by the vendor is suited for a debian system and not for openSUSE. When i see the dmesg output, it adds driver for ttyUSB0 and as soon as it adds it also removes it. This sequence goes on continuing till i unplug my usb stick from my computer.

The udev file(78-haier.rules) provided by the vendor is as follows:

ACTION==“add”, SUBSYSTEMS==“usb”,
ATTRS{idVendor}==“201e”, ATTRS{idProduct}==“1008”,
ATTRS{bNumInterfaces}==" 1",
RUN:="/usr/sbin/haier.sh 201e 1008"

ACTION==“add”, SUBSYSTEMS==“usb”,
DRIVERS==“option”,
ATTRS{bInterfaceNumber}==“00”,
SYMLINK=“ttyMODEM”

The haier.sh script that the udev runs is as follows:

VID="$1"
PID="$2"

PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin

modprobe -r airprime
modprobe -r option
modprobe -r pl2303
modprobe -r usbserial
usb_modeswitch -v ${VID} -p ${PID} -m 0x01 -M 5553424312345678000000000000061b000000020000000000000000000000 -R 1
sleep 1

may not use this driver if the product id is already compiled into another driver

modprobe -a option
echo “0x${VID} 0x${PID}” > /sys/bus/usb-serial/drivers/option1/new_id

Can anybody help me out of this problem. Thanks in advance…

don’t understand this stuff very well. But I’d try it without the manufacturer’s script. And I’d add the phone number and credentials in network manger (icon in systray) and see it it works “out of the box”.

Without using the manufacturer’s code, my usb stick is identified by the kernel as /dev/sr1 device. It is not being identified as a modem device. But after using the manufacturer’s code, /dev/ttyUSB0 is correctly loaded, but soon the entry disappears from the /dev directory.