HP HDX16t laptop

I just purchased a new HP HDX16t laptop and am thinking of installing openSUSE on one of the partitions that I have created on the harddrive. Anyone know if openSUSE is compatible with this model? I have almost had my fill with sound/internet connection issues and thought it might be wise to check this out before I proceed! Thanks!

I have the same problem and I am a newbie! HELP PLEASE, i just want sound…

Did either of you try working through the openSUSE audio troubleshooting guide: SDB:AudioTroubleshooting - openSUSE

If you have trouble there with the troubleshooting guide , then post here, and I can give some guidance as to some commands/script you can run to provide me more information on that specific brand of laptop. Once I have that information, I may be able to make a recommendation specific to that laptop make.

Thought I’d add my 2c

Its not all to do with sound, but at least you know you need to upgrade to ALSA 1.0.20.

You could look here too LINK

Hello,

lets start with DVB.

I have a HP HDX16 with built in DVB-T Tuner, internally connected to USB.

lsusb:

Bus 008 Device 005: ID 07ca:a309 AVerMedia Technologies, Inc.

This device is supported by the dvb_usb_af9015 driver starting with 2.6.28.

I had to move from 8.10 to 9.04 to run the 2.6.28 kernel fully supported (no library

dependencies) and switched later to self-build 2.6.29, because of the 3D accelerator

sensor to protect the hard disk (and orange led as disk led). But DVB is fully working

under 2.6.28 !! and mainstream Ubuntu 9.04.

Then you have to gernerate the channels.conf file by scanning the TV programs and

then move this file to the ~/.xine folder. Afterwards you can fully watch DVB in totem-xine

(my player) and even switch programs with the multi-media keys.

To the fingerprint reader:

See the following web page:

Unsupported devices - fprint project

You can contact those people and you can also see, that a first USB dump is

available. I have no know-how on the imaging stuff, so I am not the best assistent

here, I have more know how on serial lines, ethernet and now on sound codecs !

Have fun and please hold contact to me …
Chris