How to switch zypper back to wget

How can I switch zypper back to wget? I’m sick of the aria2 speed (it takes several minutes to download a rpm that wget can fetch in under one second).

Can you explain how you switched from wget to zypper to make me undersatnd what you mean?

Might be easier to figure out what’s slowing down aria2 and add directives to its startup file to prevent it.

He means the downloading backend that zypper uses. It used to be wget.

Thanks, it is always nice to have people that can translate things from people that leave as many words out of their post as they can.

I saw a post on this recently and folk were ranting about aria2 p2p and ISP management of such traffic.
zypper is blindingly fast here

I don’t know if a switch is possible - but I’ll be interested to know.

It’s a necessary skill for talking to users.

“The system doesn’t work. Please fix it.”

“Which system? The doo-dad system? The foo-bar system? And what message do you get on your screen?”

“Err, something like that.”

“Never mind, I’ll come over to see what’s on your screen. (Sigh)”

lol!

Thank you very much for insightful comments. If possible, please concentrate on the issue.

Btw. my description should be completely clear for someone who did at least read the OpenSuSe 11.2 release notes

I have read a few things on SUSE forumes about why people are turned away from Linux. This thread gives me a good idea! Is this the support that the Linux community can provide, and are these the type of people that use Linux. I have been around a long time. That is not to say that I am a master or anything, but in the past people understood that not everyone has the same level of knowledge and we tried to be informative and friendly. If you can’t be helpful then shut up and let others that can be helpful do there job and promote Linux while helping others.

Buy the way, If you don’t understand that most every downloading software has a backend then stop giving advice.

Jeremy

Oh lighten up, it was a joke. :open_mouth:

Besides I gave him the answer, look into configuring aria2c to be not so slow. It works fine for me so it’s not necessarily anything wrong with aria2c.

To add more suggestions:

Maybe you are getting IPv6 addresses for the repos and aria2c is attempting those first?

If you want wget instead, look to see if there is some kind of template for invoking the backend, maybe something like %p %u %f meaning run program %p on URL %u saving to file %f. In that case it’s possible to substitute wget with the appropriate arguments. If it’s hardwired, bad luck.