How to set multi domain??

Anyone know how to configure multi domain in openSUSE 11.2??

Thanks

What is multi domain? Example?

channgochoi wrote:
> Anyone know how to configure multi domain in openSUSE 11.2??

“Domain” is ambiguous. Please be more specific. What are you trying to
achieve?

With kind regards,
Andreas Stieger

I have a (CentOS 11.2)Mail Server(e.g mail.123.com.hk), if i want to add one more(e.g mail.abc.com.hk) for send/receive mail. how to configure?difficult?

Thanks

There is no centos 11.2. There is opensuse 11.2, or perhaps centos 5.4.

It depends on what mail server you are using.

sorry, i type error,my email server os is opensuse 11.2, Anyone know how to config?

The setting POSTFIX_LOCALDOMAINS in /etc/sysconfig/postfix specifies which domains your server accepts mail for. You can edit this in the postfix config in YaST (you need the package yast2-mail installed). Naturally your server has to be a MX for those domains, which is also usually a condition for sending out mail for those domains and not getting mail rejected.

I guess that out of the box, openSUSE default mailserver ist postfix. If you want to use another server to send mails (it’s called a ‘smarthost’), you will edit /etc/postfix/transport and add entries there. However it’s intended to let you choose a specific server for a specific destination. I don’t know how to use smtps randomly.

For example, to use your provider’s smtp for sending outside mails and your openSUSE server for local and internal mails, your /etc/postfix/transport should look like that:

mycomputer.mydomain     local:
localhost.mydomain      local:
mydomain                : 
.mydomain               :
*                       smtp:[mtprovider]

Replace ‘mycomputer’, ‘mydomain’ and ‘myprovider’ to match your network. Then run:
/usr/sbin/postmap /etc/postfix/transport

In the file /etc/postfix/main.cf, add or modify the following lines (replacing 192.168.1 with your lan IP) :

mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, localhost
mynetworks = 192.168.1.0/24, 127.0.0.0/8
transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/transport

Then start or reststart postfix :
/etc/rc.d/postfix start || /etc/rc.d/postfix reload

It’s just a part of the answer. Hope it helps. I don’t know what you mean with multiple domains to receive mails. Do you want your computer to relay mails to others in your lan ?

Unless you use a ‘smarthost’ as in my example.

does any user guide or link to teach how to config step by step?