How to install Tumbleweed in a chroot on Arch Linux?

Hi,

I would like to ask how I might install openSUSE Tumbleweed from a chroot on a different Linux distribution (specifically Arch Linux). Namely, I have the following partition scheme:

• /dev/sda
    – /dev/sda1: EFI partition (fat32 file system, created by the Ubuntu 16.04 installer).
    – /dev/sda2: Ubuntu 16.04 partition.
    – /dev/sda3: Swap partition for Ubuntu 16.04.
  • /dev/sdb
    – /dev/sdb1: Arch Linux partition.
    – /dev/sdb2: Arch Linux swap partition.

Now I would like to create a new partition /dev/sda4, mount it (with mount /dev/sda4 /mnt, for example), and install via a chroot (while logged into my Arch Linux installation on /dev/sdb1), openSUSE Tumbleweed onto this partition. I have managed to perform a chroot install for Gentoo Linux before (using the stage3 tarball, if you are unfamiliar with this see https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Installation/Stage), while logged into my Arch Linux system, so I know I have the skills to do it, if it can be done, that is. A natural question you may wish to ask me is, of course, “Why not install Tumbleweed using a live USB, why go through the trouble of using a chroot?” To which my answer is two fold:

• My laptop has a Broadcom chip. So openSUSE Tumbleweed has to be installed using a wired (or ethernet) connection, if I use the live USB installer. This ethernet cable is a pain for me to get, so if possible I try to avoid using this method.
  • I would like to be able to use my PC and not be effectively without a PC for two hours (which is how long the live USB installer estimated it would take) while openSUSE Tumbleweed is being installed.

Thanks for your time,
Brenton