How to install games on OpenSUSE Factory?

Hey there! I am new to the forum so please excuse me if I have got this in the wrong place or its already been answered.

So later today I am moving to Linux on my main gaming system, and I hear Factory allows for a bleeding edge yet stable environment, which I have been looking for since fedora screwed up the AMD drivers, and I would like some advice on playing games on Linux.

I know there is Wine, but how far behind main-stream wine is PoL? and whats it like for stuff like Diablo 3 and borderlands 2?
Also I am tempted to run a QEMU-KVM setup for Windows specific stuff, hows that working in openSUSE and what performance may I be getting?

Thanks!

You are better off using the regular repos. You may get things to work in factory but it is a moving target.

Expect to bleed when you ride the cutting edge :wink:

Hello.

Factory is not what you want; it may be bleeding edge, though, but not considered stable; in regard WINE, you may update/downgrade it separately on the stable release 13.1 by e.g. adding the WINE repository to YaST, as gogalthorp mentioned.
To check whether Diablo 3 and Borderlands runs through WINE see here: https://appdb.winehq.org/
Games often runs best with a specific versions of WINE, so this is where POL is useful; POL lets you have several versions of WINE installed simultaneously for this purpose.

Also I am tempted to run a QEMU-KVM setup for Windows specific stuff, hows that working in openSUSE and what performance may I be getting?

I have installed WinXP in both KVM and VirtualBox on openSuSE 13.1 (two different computers) and both have worked fine for my purpose, and quite similar (AFAICN) performance-wise; though I did not utilise those with any gaming in mind.
Gaming in a virtual environment isn’t much of an option yet, I believe.