How to install Eclipse as a standard user?

As I understood in OpenSuse the terminal works only with the root, and the ordinary user can start only the command line.

When I run from the command line distribution, downloaded from the Eclipse website, I get errors:

denis@linux-mglb:~/Загрузки/eclipse-installer> ./eclipse-inst 
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error initializing storage.
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxContainer.<init>(EquinoxContainer.java:74)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.launch.Equinox.<init>(Equinox.java:34)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.startup(EclipseStarter.java:315)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:251)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:659)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:595)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1501)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1474)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/denis/Загрузки/eclipse-installer/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/.manager/.fileTableLock (Отказано в доступе)
    at java.base/java.io.RandomAccessFile.open0(Native Method)
    at java.base/java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(RandomAccessFile.java:345)
    at java.base/java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java:259)
    at java.base/java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java:214)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.location.Locker_JavaNio.lock(Locker_JavaNio.java:39)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.storagemanager.StorageManager.lock(StorageManager.java:391)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.storagemanager.StorageManager.open(StorageManager.java:704)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.Storage.getChildStorageManager(Storage.java:2068)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.Storage.getInfoInputStream(Storage.java:2085)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.Storage.<init>(Storage.java:240)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.Storage.createStorage(Storage.java:175)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxContainer.<init>(EquinoxContainer.java:72)
    ... 11 more

Installing the same distribution under a regular user on Kubuntu is successful, and the IDE works without errors in the future. So the bug isn’t in the distribution.

What can I do to install Eclipse as a standard user?

I do not know anything about Eclipse, but what you say here seems a bit strange to me.

“The terminal” is original of course a typewriter/printer device connected to a computer through a async line (it is still possible to do that). In general “using the terminal” is often a expression for either using the CLI login from the console (the only possibility to login when you run in runlevel 3 or lower, or when you use Ctrl-Alt-F1/F2/… from the GUI screen), but most often it is used when a terminal emulator like Xterm, Konsole, or similar is started on a GUI session. Inside that terminal (all cases) you can be loged in as every user, root or other).

Thus I do not understand what you mean with “I understood in OpenSuse the terminal works only with the root”. Why/where did you get that impression?

And “using the command line” is another way to say that one uses a terminal/console/terminal emulator being loged in there either as root or as a “normal” user.

Not understanding your question.

But, in general Development requires root permissions to have access to all the resources you need.

Last I checked,
If you download an Eclipse from the Eclipse website (for a number of reasons this is generally preferable to installing Eclipse from the OSS), when you unpack the compressed file, Eclipse is completely self-contained within its own directory tree… to a point. This generally means that you could unpack Eclipse into a subdirectory of your /home/$USERNAME to allow an ordinary User to run Eclipse, but you might not have access to resources installed in the system root, and of course regardless whereever you install Eclipse you’ll have to set a number of environmental variables.

So,
Bottom line is that technically speaking you c;an install Eclipse as I described so that an ordinary User could at launch Eclipse, but I wouldn’t guarantee how much you can do with it as an ordinary User, YMMV.

TSU