How to get Clementine to work

I’ve just installed 42.1, and installed Clementine music player, when I try to play something it says I need gstreamer which is installed. How do I get Clementine to work? Most distros this is automatic.

Assuming MP3…

Search in YaST that you have the fluendo-MP3 plugin installed (search “fluendo”). Install it if it’s not. If you don’t see it, it’s in the “non-oss” repository and you need to add that.

Where did you get it? You need to get multimedia stuff from packman if you want to play proprietary formats;)

As said. But as clementine still uses gstreamer-0_10, you need “gstreamer-0_10-fluendo-mp3”.

And I think you need gstreamer-0_10-plugins-base as well, which might not be installed by default.

Anyway, you probably should follow any of the available multimedia guides, or add the Packman repo and install all gstreamer-0_10-plugins packages from there.
Like with any other release before.

Fluendo did it! Thanks :slight_smile:

Yeah clementine works after getting gstreamer fluendo mp3 plugin( i got gstreamer-0_10-plugins-fluendo_mp3 from packaman) So playing local music files work. But when i try to choose the Internet option and try to stream it , i get “Your GStreamer installation is missing a plug-in.” again.

Did you do the repo switch to packman for all to codecs?? There are a tone of gstreamer plugins don’t know which you miss

yeah my codecs are from packman , thats why i got gstreamer-0_10-plugins-fluendo_mp3 from packaman too.

have you tried other gstreamer stuff lick good and ugly? Ugly adds stuff that may not be LGPL or other licensing problems

Do you know what codec is coming to you via the net? It may (probably) not a simple mp3 stream.

What gogalthorpe wrote. gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad-orig-addon and gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ugly-orig-addon won’t get installed automatically, but may contain plugins that are important for you.

Then there’s also gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ffmpeg, which should be a fallback for all cases.
But I remember a thread some time ago where this even actually caused problems with streaming (which I could reproduce, uninstalling gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ffmpeg fixed the problems back then).
So either install that if it isn’t installed, or uninstall it if it is.

ok after installing gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ffmpeg i could listen to most of the streams.:slight_smile: Though i get “Could not decode stream.” for some of the streams.

ok after getting the plugins gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad-orig-addon and gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ugly-orig-addon have solved “Could not decode stream.” message. thank you :slight_smile: