How to completely remove MySQL including users etc

How do I completely remove mysql, telling YaST software management to uninstall it and doing a **sudo rm -R /var/lib/mysql/
** doesn’t seem to be sufficient.

After rebooting my router (which is most likely unrelated) I wanted to resume my work… but the PHP software informed me it couldn’t contact the database, next step was phpMyAdmin which wouldn work either.
So I thought I’d rerun /usr/bin mysql_secure_installation, but I get stuck at the first step. It wont recognize my password.

So I tried to reset the password with the following

pkill mysqld   
mysqld_safe --skip-grant-tables &
mysql -u root mysql
UPDATE user SET password=PASSWORD("ualue=42") WHERE user="root";
      FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

Which got me the result

Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.01 sec)                                                           
Rows matched: 0  Changed: 0  Warnings: 0                                                       

Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.02 sec)

matched 0? Seems like I’m missing the entire root user, I don’t care much for having to start over with a fresh mysql install… but it doesn’t seem to let me. /usr/bin mysql_secure_installation always gets me stuck on the first step (triedd both the password it should be and leaving it blank)

When I read this I would summarize:

. uninstalled through YaST softeare management every package that started with mysql;
. removed all of the database data (inclusing administration;
. some software (PHP) that uses MySQL is appently still running and complains (not amazing to me);
. you run mysql_secure_installation, which is provided by the mysql package which you just deinstalled!

From this point on I am flabbergasted.

More like
Error
Double check with another app, still an error
Rerun /usr/bin mysql_secure_installation (password error)
Uninstall everything I can find, try /usr/bin mysql_secure_installation again (password error)
Try to alter the user rights table via query… user doesn’t exist

Wondering why the hell it didn’t exist trying to run /usr/bin mysql_secure_installation again… still password error.