Deano, no need to check. Yes, I also noticed it, but Virgin’s instructions were clear to anyone who bothered to follow up the help links given in their notification emails. They are usually reliable, in my experience.
Actually, I made a typing error in my previous post you referred to :shame:. Virgin’s NTL-based POP3 server is named pop3.ntlworld.com (not pop3.virgin.net, and ken_yap rightly found no domain there). My updates are all working.
Virgin’s old NTL-based POP3 server used pop.ntlworld.com, whereas now it definitely is pop3.ntlworld.com, so they may have needed to differentiate the old from the new. Also, they changed the virgin.net POP3 names from “mail” to “pop”. However in both cases IIRC, they haven’t changed the outgoing “smtp” names. Don’t know the reasons. :\