How know if should install repos/drivers for graphics after install OS 13.1?

I’m about to install openSUSE 13.1 on two different computers (a laptop and a desktop) and I’m not sure how to tell if I need to install additional repos and software to make the graphics work properly and at their best. How can I tell this?

Laptop: Samsung Series 9 NP900x4c-A01 ( Amazon.com: Samsung Series 9 NP900X4C-A01US 15.0-Inch Ultrabook (Ash Black): Computers & Accessories )
Desktop: Acer Aspire X1470-UR30P ( Acer Aspire X1470-UR30P Specs (A4 series A4-3400 2.7 GHz) - Desktops - CNET Reviews )

(The desktop will be connected via HDMI to a 1080p monitor)

Check out the hardware by using openSUSE Live media, before installing.

That desktop spec sheet says you have a AMD Radeon HD 6410D GPU Soif it where me I’d install the propritary AMD driver. This can be done via Yast.

Laptop says Intel HD 4000 Graphics You should not have to install any thing special but you should be sure to update after the install since a new Intel driver that fixes some things will be in the update.

Thank you! A few questions:

Do I need to add a new repo for that? If yes, do you know what it is?

Is the Intel driver included in the normal repos so a “zypper up” will grab it?

Yes it is, and it should.

Just use the 1-click install there:
SDB:AMD fglrx - openSUSE

Please note: Although the page contains a warning, the 1-click install does already work on 13.1 and installs the Catalyst 13.11 beta 9.4 driver on openSUSE 13.1. You will get an automatic update to the stable version when it is released (some time in December I think).