How do I use gsl-devel in OpenSUSE 11.2?

The gsl-devel 1.12 package in OpenSUSE 11.2 no longer includes libgsl.a and libgslcblas.a. Why were they removed and what am I supposed to do to link with libgsl.so and libgslcblas.so? Is this a bug in the packaging of gsl-devel 1.12?

The error messages I get look like:

/bin/sh …/libtool --silent --tag=CXX --mode=link g++ -Wall -ansi -march=k8 -O3 --param max-inline-insns-single=5400 --param large-function-insns=5400 -funroll-loops -fvariable-expansion-in-unroller -fno-math-errno -fno-trapping-math -g -DNDEBUG -D_GLUCAT_USE_TR1_UNORDERED_MAP -D_GLUCAT_USE_DENSE_MATRICES -D_GLUCAT_USE_QD -D_GLUCAT_USE_EIGENVALUES -D_GLUCAT_USE_BINDINGS -D_GLUCAT_USE_GSL_RANDOM -fno-check-new -fexceptions -lqd -llapack -lblas -lgslcblas -lgsl -lqd -llapack -lblas -lgslcblas -lgsl -o test11 peg11.o -lgslcblas -lgsl
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.4/…/…/…/…/lib64/libgsl.so: undefined reference to cblas_ztrsv' /usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.4/../../../../lib64/libgsl.so: undefined reference to cblas_scasum’
etc. etc.

The errors were caused by my listing the libraries in the wrong order. The following works.

/bin/sh …/libtool --silent --tag=CXX --mode=link g++ -Wall -ansi -march=k8 -O3 --param max-inline-insns-single=5400 --param large-function-insns=5400 -funroll-loops -fvariable-expansion-in-unroller -fno-math-errno -fno-trapping-math -g -DNDEBUG -D_GLUCAT_USE_TR1_UNORDERED_MAP -D_GLUCAT_USE_DENSE_MATRICES -D_GLUCAT_USE_QD -D_GLUCAT_USE_EIGENVALUES -D_GLUCAT_USE_BINDINGS -D_GLUCAT_USE_GSL_RANDOM -fno-check-new -fexceptions -lqd -llapack -lblas -lgsl -lgslcblas -lqd -llapack -lblas -lgsl -lgslcblas -o test00 peg00.o -lgsl -lgslcblas

In fact, all that is needed is:

/bin/sh …/libtool --silent --tag=CXX --mode=link g++ -lqd -llapack -lblas -lgsl -lgslcblas -o test00 peg00.o