How do I get rid of these widgets?

I just updated my computer to the latest version of Tumbleweed.

Operating System: openSUSE Tumbleweed 20240520
KDE Plasma Version: 6.0.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 6.2.0
Qt Version: 6.7.0
Kernel Version: 6.9.1-1-default (64-bit)

For some reason the update wanted to list all possible (?) widgets in the bottom panel. There is hardly any new information for me.

I know that Keeppassxc is on, I know that the camera is no camera on, the screen brightness is ok, there are no usb devices in use right now, the keyboard is Finnish, the screen settings are the same as the last 2-3 years, the printer is installed, the power management works ok and volume is what it is.

So how do I remove the extra widgets?

Screenshot_21052024_2026

Right-click between the time and sound symbol → configure system tray → entries → disable the widgets you don’t want

OR

Right-click somewhere on the taskbar → enter edit mode → hover over the symbol and remove

I managed to remove the icons from the panel, but I removed too many and I can’t get them back. So how to add those missing icons (red circle)? I think the edit command is not working as it should?

Screenshot_21052024_2026-1

When you screwed up your system tray you can add a fresh one…

Can’t do that anymore. I’m reinstalling Tumbleweed…

I can’t even adjust the volume anymore. Not good. :frowning_face:

No need to reinstall. It is only 3 mouse clicks to remove the broken System tray. And only 4 to add a fresh working one…
After you have added the system tray you will have a working sound applet again…

And if not, simply create a new user.

All solutions above are easier and faster than a reinstallation…

Now everything works as before. Thanks for the instructions!

Still, I think that the KDE settings are not very logical. At the very least, there should be a verification to carry out the intended command.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.