How can i get pppoe internet connection with netinst.iso?

During installation with netinstaller.iso of opensuse, how can i get pppoe internet connection?

Is it possible to skip internet connection during installation with netinst.iso?

Has anyone done it?

On 04/04/2012 11:16 AM, colao wrote:
>
> During installation with netinstaller.iso of opensuse, how can i get
> pppoe internet connection?

I do not know the answer to this part.

> Is it possible to skip internet connection during installation with
> netinst.iso?
>
> Has anyone done it?

For the NET install iso, ALL the packages AND the installer program are on the
openSUSE site!! Do you think it is likely that one could install without an
Internet connection?

For the “ironically” challenged, the answer is NO.

So your best bet is to download a openSUSE boot disk, like a LiveCD when you have a network connection such as you used to post this message. Your question is kind of like asking if you can drive to the store without a car or similar transportation. And the answer is no, you need a car or in your case, a network connection, live before the install will start. I am not sure you could not create a custom openSUSE install that might do so with SuSE Studio, but you would need know a lot more about how to get an installable copy of openSUSE running than you do now. In a case where you have already setup a pppoe internet connection with anything else, then download at least a LiveCD, which is smaller than a DVD, install it and setup your pppoe internet connection and then get what ever else you need on line. Another option is to go to your local book store who might have a magazine or book that contains the latest openSUSE disk. For instance I see that LinuxUser & Developer issue #108 included such an openSUSE 12.1 disk, among other things, included on the DVD in the magazine. What ever you do, we do want to help and so if we can help in some other way, just let us know. Here is one reference on using the pppoe internet connection in openSUSE that I found:

http://forums.opensuse.org/english/get-technical-help-here/network-internet/468496-opensuse-12-1-pppoe.html

Thank You,

I wanted to install only the base/minimal opensuse. I don’t need the gnome/kde or any desktop environment.

That’s why i won’t download DVD or LiveCD.

I need pppoe internet connection somehow during installation with netinst.iso.

The KDE LiveCD is pretty minimal and you can set your default environment to not load a desktop and to stay in terminal if you wish. You must realize that some network configurations, due to how they work, may not work with a openSUSE network installation. You have an option to get to where you want to be, but it just depends on how you decide to use it. Good luck in what ever you decide to do and if you get it to work, just let us know how you did it.

Thank You,