/home partition is too small

Hi all,

I’m rather new to Linux so please excuse my complete newbiness; with that out of the way, here’s what I’m struggling with:
After doing a rather weird clean install of openSUSE (not really a fan of how vague the install process is, but w/e), I boot up and the first thing I see is “Low Disk space” and at first I thought maybe I’m viewing a LiveCD and I must’ve booted incorrectly.

Nope.

I booted up fine, no problems nothing, but apparently openSUSE took the liberty of creating several unnecessary minuscule partitions; one of them being my /home partition - which contains all my documents and other media. I have a 1TB hard disk laying empty while some scraps (20GB) of it openSUSE decided to dedicate to /home. How can I increase the size of my /home partition so it can be, y’know, usable? Is this even possible?
I apologize for my visible frustration, I’m used to installing Windows, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

-bonezy

Hello and welcome to the openSUSE forums.

Please we like to see some of the facts that show your assumptions. Can you post

su -l -c 'fdisk -l'

(this one will ask you to enter the root password)
and

mount | grep home

Because you are new heer, please allow me to tell you how to post such copied/pasted computer texts in the forums.
Please use CODE tags around copied/pasted computer text in a post. It is the # button in the tool bar of the post editor. When applicable copy/paste complete, that is including the prompt, the command, the output and the next prompt.

Probably the better command to display your partitions and the free space available in each is

df -h

The default openSUSE layout should only be 3 partitions… swap, root and home.
All the other tiny partitions you might see should be “tmpfs” partitions which are created in volatile RAM (not on your disk).

TSU