Hide or inhibit taskbar on Gnome 3

Hi All!
I am trying to install OpenSuse 12.2 and customize it to suit my needs…

I am using a touchscreen interface and a keyboard/mice to access a PC, but I wan to inhibit touchscreen users to access Gnome menu.
On Gnome 2, i used Gnome configuration editor to set panel autohide feature and set hide border to 0. Thus, only null coordinates were able to show the bottom panel (mouse only).
Now I am using “Panel settings” extension to hide the menu bar, but, using touchscreen, I can open the menu anyway.
Basically I am trying to customize OS in order to get a kiosk that allows user input just on the active full screen application.

Any way to do that? Maybe I can also accept to open menu just by keyboard, or hide menu completely.

Thanks in advance…

Hi
You should have a look through the extensions at
https://extensions.gnome.org/

There are some panel hiding ones, you also would want to disable the
hot corners (again extensions are there).

Else you may need to delve into dconf-editor or tweak a gnome-shell
theme to set up your requirements.

Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 12.2 (x86_64) Kernel 3.4.6-2.10-desktop
up 1 day 19:43, 3 users, load average: 0.10, 0.07, 0.05
CPU Intel i5 CPU M520@2.40GHz | Intel Arrandale GPU

Thanks for your reply.

I tried some extensions, and while I hide the top bar, the applet that disables the hot corners seems to be in conflict with the “Panel Settings” applet, the only one I found that can hide this bar. So, it seems there is no simple way to hide the bar and inhibit hot points…

I didn’t find any entry in dconf-editor GUI that could be used to perform what I need, I’ll try to get a deeper look…

If nothing is found, I’ll try to modify the default theme, maybe I can find a guide on how this is written. Or I could try to modify an extension, trying to merge it with something that the first lacks. But both these options are time consuming…

If you can point me to an easier way to do that, this is much appreciated. Maybe I’m looking in the wrong direction…

Extension found…
It seems that distraction-free extension worked fine for me…

The Gnome 3 interface is interesting; online extension service is wonderful, I just hope that a better customization could be done without installing anything else… Extensions should perform additional operations, not basic UI functionality (such as hide/show bars).

Thanks for your advices.