hi, i,m new and raspberry pi 3 leap is running

i have mobile broadband or wifi accesspoint, to connect raspi on the net.
I have the base installed from:
openSUSE-Leap42.2-ARM-JeOS-raspberrypi3_aarch64.aarch64-2016.11.09-Build3.2.raw
how do i run x (openbox or lxde are welcome at last xfce)
it’s a bit slow on the start, but i get login, how do i install using wifi or mobile broadband, lxde?

ciao e grazie

P.S. im new at opensuse a little experience of debian or arch in raspi nad notebook

Hi!

An alternative TW for Raspi 3 with GUI

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/StefanBruens:/branches:/devel:/ARM:/Factory:/Contrib:/RaspberryPi3/images/

…or you might want to try SLES:

https://www.suse.com/communities/blog/suse-linux-enterprise-server-raspberry-pi/

https://forums.suse.com/forumdisplay.php?107-SLES-for-Raspberry-Pi&

Thanks you ill try this with xfceciao e grazie!

Answering your question… If you decide to use this image…

I haven’t used this one specifically, but will answer based on general principles that apply to all openSUSE JeOS I’ve used…
A JeOS (Just enough OS) is a mimimal image with only a minimal set of User tools, most often not used by End Users but as a foundation for building complex solutions without the baggage of unnecessary apps.

So, with a JeOS you can probably install and launch an OpenBox or Busybox, but would require a lot of additional installation to install a full Desktop like LXDE or XFCE, so if you want a full Desktop your better path would be to install the pre-built images that include Desktops.

But, from within a JeOS image, you should still have YAST which can do everything you asked about… managing basic functionality like networking and software installation by simply typing

yast

So, yes and one of my first experiments (not on RPi but on something else), I installed and ran Busybox, and within that ran Firefox.

HTH,
TSU

This is the official HCL page for RPi 3.
Includes link to download various images, how to install plus plenty more to get you started

https://en.opensuse.org/HCL:Raspberry_Pi3

TSU

The only distro i can run having a login is this:openSUSE-Tumbleweed-ARM-XFCE-raspberrypi3_aarch64.aarch64-2016.10.18-Build12.5.rawif i type iwconfig i cant see the raspi internal wifi but i added a asus usb-n13 and is recognized as wlan0i try the wpa_supplicant connection and i get a wifi connection:

Successfully initialized wpa_supplicantwlan0: SME: Trying to authenticate with 20:68:9d:e5:32:e3 (SSID='provawifi' freq=2412 MHz)wlan0: Trying to associate with 20:68:9d:e5:32:e3 (SSID='provawifi' freq=2412 MHz)wlan0: Associated with 20:68:9d:e5:32:e3wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-SUBNET-STATUS-UPDATE status=0wlan0: WPA: Key negotiation completed with 20:68:9d:e5:32:e3 [PTK=CCMP GTK=TKIP]wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-CONNECTED - Connection to 20:68:9d:e5:32:e3 completed [id=0 id_str=]wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED bssid=20:68:9d:e5:32:e3 reason=3 locally_generated=1

even from the notebook where i run the accesspoint everything is ok, authenticated and connectedbut when i try ping 8.8.8.8 No Network is detectedthe raspi side i do this :

#!/bin/bash# abbatte eventuali appesirm wpalogkillall wpa_supplicantecho iwconfigsudo iwconfigsudo ip link set dev wlan0 downecho ip link set dev wlan0 upsudo ip link set dev wlan0 up# controlla la situazioneecho iwconfigiwconfigecho Controllo reti: iw dev wlo1 scan | grep SSIDiw dev wlan0 scan | grep SSIDiwconfig wlan0 txpower 1# lancia wpa_supplicantwpa_supplicant -B -f wpalog -D nl80211 -i wlan0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant/provawifi.conf# sudo dhcpcd wlan0 &dhclient wlan0 &iw dev wlan0 link

How do i know if dhclient works and makes an ip ?any suggest is welcome ciao e grazie

The only distro i can run having a login is this:openSUSE-Tumbleweed-ARM-XFCE-raspberrypi3_aarch64.aarch64-2016.10.18-Build12.5.rawif i type iwconfig i cant see the raspi internal wifi, but i added a asus usb-n13 and is recognized as wlan0, i run the wpa_supplicant connection and i get a wifi connection:

Successfully initialized wpa_supplicant
wlan0: SME: Trying to authenticate with 20:68:9d:e5:32:e3 (SSID='provawifi' freq=2412 MHz)
wlan0: Trying to associate with 20:68:9d:e5:32:e3 (SSID='provawifi' freq=2412 MHz)wlan0: Associated with 20:68:9d:e5:32:e3
wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-SUBNET-STATUS-UPDATE status=0wlan0: WPA: Key negotiation completed with 20:68:9d:e5:32:e3 [PTK=CCMP GTK=TKIP]
wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-CONNECTED - Connection to 20:68:9d:e5:32:e3 completed [id=0 id_str=]
wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED bssid=20:68:9d:e5:32:e3 reason=3 locally_generated=1(I disconnect after a bit)

even from the notebook where i run the accesspoint everything is ok, authenticated and connected, but when i try ping 8.8.8.8 No Network on the raspi side i do this :

#!/bin/bash
iwconfig
sudo ip link set dev wlan0 down
echo ip link set dev wlan0 up
sudo ip link set dev wlan0 up
# controlla la situazione
echo iwconfig
iwconfig
echo Controllo reti: iw dev wlo1 scan | grep SSID
iw dev wlan0 scan | grep SSID
iwconfig wlan0 txpower 1# lancia wpa_supplicant
wpa_supplicant -B -f wpalog -D nl80211 -i wlan0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant/provawifi.conf
# sudo dhcpcd wlan0 &
dhclient wlan0 &
iw dev wlan0 link

How do i know if dhclient works and makes an ip ?any suggest is welcome ciao e grazie
P.S if i add

the layout is formatted in non readable way (ops javscript to enable)

If you’re running the XFCE Desktop on your RPi,
Is there some reason you’re not using the XFCE network management tools instead of the command line utilities you’re now using? I’d recommend verifying that Network Manager is enabled (YAST > Network Settings), then open up “Network Connections” in your applications menu.

Troubleshooting should be no different than on an x86 Desktop,
Your question how to determine if your dhcp client received a working network configuration…

To display your interfaces and their configured IP addresses

ip addr

To display your Default gateway (and any other route gateways)

ip route

To display your configured DNS servers

cat /etc/resolv.conf

HTH,
TSU