Help! Trying to Boot 11.3 from USB Drive!

I recently downloaded OpenSUSE 11.3 GNOME for my Netbook. I wrote the image over to my SanDisk 4 GB USB Drive, and it boots on my laptop but not on my ASUS 1004 Netbook. I have already adjusted things like BIOS and Boot Order on the netbook but I am still getting error messages such as “Insert Boot Device” and “Cannot boot from USB”. Any suggestions? I am trying to make my netbook a dual boot (Windows 7 and SUSE) PC. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi,

Do on your laptop, the openSUSE boots and you can start the system in live, is that it?

Yeah it starts on my laptop but it refuses to boot from my ASUS netbook

Oh and btw i have tried writing the image to my SanDisk 4GB flash drive using Unetbootin, Win32DiskImager, and OpenSUSE ImageWriter. NONE of these worked for me though

I have try almost everything:

• win32diskimager-RELEASE-0.2-r23-win32
  • Universal-USB-Installer-1.8.1.5
  • Unetbootin-windows-494
  • LinuxLive USB Creator 2.6
  • ImageWriter
  • BootTool-V1_03_00

so I have try another thinks but I am unable to make work it.

Sorry my English sucks!

Hey there i have a problem =/ i’m using a hp mini 110-1140LA laptop with windows 7 ultimate and i been trying to install openSUSE 11.3 (4,7gb) with my usb (8gb) with unetbootin to create the live usb but wont work, then i try “universal boot loader” and all the tools that Atsuke mentions but everytime fails again
I also try with dd_rescue comand on linux ubuntu but when boot just freeze at this “Starting udev…” and thats it

Intel Atom CPU N270 @ 1.60GHZ, 2.0GB RAM, Mobile Intel 945 Express Chipset Family

Sorry my English sucks too

Try with a CD image the DVD image is known to have problems booting from a USB

So the diference between CD and DVD is that the DVD contains all the updates and stuff already installed and the CD you have to update after installation?
There for could you paste a link to download the CD please

No you still have to update. THe DVD simply has more packages such as both Gnoame and KDE but the CD you have to choose a Gnome CD or a KDE CD either can later be installed from the web but the media does not have both. There may be some other things not on th CD which you may or may not want but all can be installed from the web if you find you need something.

I use the CD Version and still trying unsuccessfully make usb bootable.

where did you get the CD Version?? a link or something