Help needed

Well, i used 11.0 and now i upgraded to 11.1.
Problem is, i cannot set up a pppoe or dial up dsl connection. I did al steps, typing my username, password, etc. But no icon appears on the bottom right corner as it did on OpenSuse 11.0

sorry to bother but this is kinda urgent !! hehe

im sure it must be a very simple issue which i cant solve for myself, the little electric plugs that were created when i used 11.0 are not created on this new 11.1

im sure it must be a very simple issue which i cant solve for myself, the little electric plugs that were created when i used 11.0 are not created on this new 11.1

I’m not sure about what icons you’re referring to. Can you please provide desktop environment and were you using KInternet or knetworkmanager?

I’f im not wrong you need to enable network management for non root users in Network Settings.

i believe kinternet is no longer available on 11.1
It was an icon on which you one-clicked and you connected to internet. Double-clicked and u got disconnected.
Im trying to use either ifup of networkmanager

Well, you shouldn’t believe but check first :slight_smile:

kinternet is in the repo :slight_smile:

I know it works because i had an ISP which was using PPOEE connection and i was using kinternet.

it may be there but how am i supposed to get it without internet?

Or even more amazingly, how do you post here “without internet”?

possibly i made a double boot xp-suse? and maybe just maybe i dont have any means of taking files from windows to suse?

Oh really?

Then why don’t you use your XP for downloading the respective RPM-packages?

Taking files from XP to SuSE is no problem, SuSE can read (and write) NTFS and FAT-filesystems.

Kinternet is also on the installation DVD (100% sure) and the CD (90% sure) but not even needed (smpppd is more than enough).

sorry about my bad mood ealier.
As you may notice im new to linux. How do i get kinternet from the DVD ?
And yes, when i was creating the connection i had to install smpppd.
Another big noobish issue is, i have no icons on my desktop, theres no my computer, recycle bin etc?

Thanks

finally got it working… i feel so dumb, it was very easy, thanks for everyones help.
I still new some help getting icons on my desktop though