Help me! Bluetooth internet connection not working in opensuse11.4..

Anyone can u help me in getting out of this problem plz…? I searched a lot and did not recieve any appropriate solution for this problem… Thus i’m posting it over here… Ok the problem is:- i’ve a nokia 2690 handset, i use to connect my pc to internet using the bluetooth connection of this handset… It work excellent in windows and ubuntu… I cud connect to the internet in ubuntu too, i configured it by clicking the network icon and by configuring the bluetooth network… Now after installing opensuse 11.4 under kde environment, i cant even configure the internet connection… I wish to connect internet using the bluetooth, i even paired my pc and my mobile, (i can even send and recieve files using bluetooth.)… I even checked ‘enable’ option in ‘knetwork manager’… Now after trying alot, i found out the ‘network connections’ option… When i go into the ‘network connections’ options, the mobile broadband tab is completely disabled…, just the vpn tab is showing up, rest all disabled… Why, is it so? Cud anyone plz help me… I’m newbie in linux(juz started to use linux since the past 5days)… Can anyone plz help giving somewhat gud explanation on wat to do and little bit detailed installation procedure if any? Sorry for putting u people in trouble… But my situation is that bad, plz can anyone help me?

Cud anyone plz help me… I’m newbie in linux(juz started to use linux since the past 5days)… Can anyone plz help giving somewhat gud explanation on wat to do and little bit detailed installation procedure if any? Sorry for putting u people in trouble… But my situation is that bad, plz can anyone help me?

Welcome Ganeshrnet!. Don’t apologise, that is what we’re here for - to try and help where we can.

I’m a bluetooth novice (using BlueDevil with KDE4.6.2 currently), and I’m only using it for file transfer (for work). Now, I’m not sure that BlueDevil provides dial-up connectivity yet, but you mentioned you had internet connectivity working with Ubuntu. Were you using the blueman applet by chance? If so, consider installing it.

zypper in blueman

See if this guide helps:

Bluetooth tethering for internet acces - MEPIS Documentation Wiki

Good luck!

Thank you so much sir… Thanks for kind words sir. anyway i’ll try to use the command lines you ve provided me… thank u again… Anyway let me try… if it doesn’t solve my problem, then i’ll seek further doubts… anyway more answers are welcomed…

Atlast I made it myself… please read How can I connect my OpenSuse 11.4 to internet via bluetooth mobile modem…? - TADO.in Discussion Board! for getting the answer…

Thanks for the feedback. I always thought in case of nokia phones it was impossible without nokia pc suite, which is windows only unfortunately.

Best regards,
Greg