Help finding galaga-like game

I found a 3D galaga-like game for openSUSE (i don’t remember which version) about two years ago, and I couldn’t find it anymore. It had gameplay similar to galaga and xgalaga, only much higher graphics, ship choosing, weapons choice, weapons placement, weapons upgrades and shield upgrades. Overall it was a nice game, if anyone know what it’s name is, it would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. What i mean by 3D is that there were 3D ships, and there were ships underneath others, meaning if i shot all the ships in front of me, I could proceed to killing the ships beneath me without flying to them (because I could only fly in the x and y axis, not the z).

P.P.S. From what i remember, there were weapons called plasma cannons, Gauss guns, etc.

Again, if anyone knows what the name of this game is, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.

I would really appreciate any feedback at all on this subject.

On Wed, 28 Dec 2011 23:26:03 +0000, jacobc436 wrote:

> I would really appreciate any feedback at all on this subject.

Apparently nobody who has read this thread knows the name of the software
that you can’t remember the name of.

Jim

Jim Henderson
openSUSE Forums Administrator
Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

Hello jacobc436,

Do you by any chance mean AstroMenance?
I can remember a package for it being in the packman repository, but seems it isn’t anymore.

You can try the binary package from the official site.
Viewizard - Download

Good luck!:wink:

OMG it IS AstroMenace! This is a game from, like, my childhood! (not really but it still is awesome)(btw i’m a teen) Thank you so much!!