HELLO

Hello everybody,

First of all, sorry for my poor english because i’m french. Today i leave the mandriva community for OpenSUSE.

Probably you know me, i’m the developper of ManDVD, Manslide and my new program : SMILE which is a slideshow Maker. You can find it on kde-apps or on my blog (in French :wink: ) : smile.tuxfamily.org

I hope i’ve don’t make too much mistakes … I’m happy to be with you … OpenSUSE seems to be a very good distribution.

Thanks

Stéphane

[waving back] Hi Stéphane!

First of all, sorry for my poor english because i’m french.

Sorry to make you use English to post, but I’m afraid my French is limited to “frere jaques frere jaques dorme vu dorme vu” THANK YOU for joining us in English.

Today i leave the mandriva community for OpenSUSE.

Wahoo!

I hope i’ve don’t make too much mistakes

It doesn’t matter. We’re all here to help each other. Welcome!

Hello to u too

Smile is great, just what I need after this summer vacation.

I found SMILE at packman’s:
http://mediati.org/buttons/orange.svg](http://packman.links2linux.org/install/smile)

Hi and thanks

A new release will be available for smile as soon as possible with the possibility to import video file and not only pictures …

Stéphane

cool, & welcome Stéphane

Andy

Welcome, Stéphane! I’ve been a HUGE fan of ManDVD since it was mentioned
on one of the openSUSE mailing lists a few months ago. Very useful
program.

I know there had been some discussion (I think I saw it on kde-apps)
about enhancements and whatnot - are you still actively developing the
tool?

Also wondered if you’ve got a place for bug reports/enhancement requests.

Jim

I’m curious, as a developer what drew you to come to openSUSE from Mandriva?

I am in no way trying to start a flame-war, or anything like that, I am purely curious.

Oh, and <wave>“hi”</wave>

Simply because i want to change … too many problems with the distro and find a community with much envy of progress…

Stéphane

And opensuse is the best one, no :smiley:

Sorry… Am I too late to join in to this wave? Are we going from left to right or from right to left… these things always confuse me… I remember this one time we where at this big ball game and people where doing the wave and it suddenly changed direction… man(!) did that freak me out… I kept jumping up when others where sitting and sitting when others where jumping… gosh that was a mess…

Anyway… Welcome Stéphane!! Good to have you aboard & even better you are bringing some valuable skills in!!

We are a very serious club as you can see :wink:

I will help at much i can …

Don’t hesitate to correct my english, i will learn faster like that

Wonderful! Thanks!

Don’t hesitate to correct my english

I was born and raised in the USA but that doesn’t stop people from correcting MY English…it happens all the time. :slight_smile: I understand what you mean about learning it. It does help when native speakers help you correct your mistakes. Ok. It’s English, not english. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: