Headache trying to use 'make' command Gnome on oS11.3

:slight_smile: Hello,

At the moment ‘make’ returns this:

./kernelversion.c:13:30: fatal error: linux/utsrelease.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
Makefile.inc:81: *** Cannot detect kernel version - please check compiler and KERNELPATH.  Stop.

I would do a little more homework, but I already did a lot only to get stuck here, and I need to solve this sooner rather than later.

I have already: installed devel and desktop-devel and given up about 350mb of diskspace to

zypper in -t pattern devel_C_C++

Only to still not have the make function available.
If that install was unecessary, I’m hoping there’s a simple uninstall version of that line.

Reading what it’s saying, it sounds like I may have all the right kit but it needs a nudge in the direction of the kernel??

Very grateful for any help.

I assume you just do not call make somewhere, but because you want to build a product. Any problems with tlling us what you are trying to build and where you got it from? And then show the complete call and it’s messages, not just (some of) the messages. The copy/paste should start at the prompt before the call to make and end with the prompet at the end when make finishes.

It looks like you need the Linux Kernel Development Pattern to be installed. The missing file is in the kernel-sources.

Try:

zypper in patterns-openSUSE-devel_kernel