HD TV Card

I’m looking for a TV tuner to use with Mythtv and I was wondering if anyone knew of any cards similar to the AVerMedia MTVHDDVRR that works in Linux. What I’d really like to find is something with the all of the inputs like this card has.

Thanks
Dan

I take it you looked here
HCL:TV - openSUSE

I don’t have one and never have. And that info is a little outdated mostly. But it may give you some ideas until you get more feedback here, hopefully from users with a card and 11.3

On 12/05/2010 10:06 PM, fucodclown wrote:
>
> I’m looking for a TV tuner to use with Mythtv and I was wondering if
> anyone knew of any cards similar to the AVerMedia MTVHDDVRR that works
> in Linux. What I’d really like to find is something with the all of the
> inputs like this card has.

The MythTV mailing list is the place to ask. I use Myth but only with SD analog
tuners.

Yes I have looked at the list of TV turner cards, and finding a card is pretty easy. What I’m looking for is something that has the inputs of the AVerMedia MTVHDDVRR, it can do HDMI, component, s-video and composite. I’m not even sure if there is one which is why I’m looking for input from people that already have TV cards.

What I use is not a “card” but in my opinion is much better.

It records in HD, it uses component connections and is just incredible. I am using it on openSUSE 11.3 with mythtv 23.

Newegg.com - Hauppauge HD PVR High Definition Personal Video Recorder 1212 USB 2.0 Interface

It costs more then the card you referred to but is well worth it!

That looks like exactly what I’m looking for, it’s just more then I have to spend right now.

Does anyone know if the Hauppauge’s IR blaster will work if it’s hooked up to a MythTV backend and I’m controlling it from a frontend over my network? And what’s a good entry level turner card to learn MythTV, I’ve only ever used a tuner card with Windows?