[GRUB2/USB] Which one is kernel ?! ;x

Hello,

I’m trying to boot openSUSE 11.3 from USB. I’ve made 2 partitions on my pendrive one 50MB FAT32 with GRUB and second one about 7 GB NTFS with iso image I have downloaded openSUSE-11.3-NET-x86_64.iso and made fallowing grub.cfg

menuentry "openSUSE NetInstall 64" {
    loopback loop (hd0,2)/iso/openSUSE-11.3-NET-x86_64.iso
    linux (loop)/boot/x86_64/openSUSE
    initrd (loop)/boot/x86_64/initrd-xen
}

I know I know “linux…” line is incorrect but what should I put there?

Right now I’m receiving fallowing errors;

error: invalid magic number.
error: you should load the kernel first

Best Regards

edit>
Oh yeah and if it comes to lines before “linux…” they are correct I think. At least in grub command line when i type ls (loop) I can view the insides of iso image.

It should be “kernel” instead of linux. Also, try just using grub interactively - you can specify root the kernel and initrd interactively in the Grub console - just use KERNEL=, etc. - you can even use tab completion, etc. There are several Grub guides available on using the console interactively.
LewsTherin

IMO it should be “linux”, as it looks like a Grub2 boot entry, which is what surprises me. Otherwise, in Legacy Grub (the one used by openSUSE) it should be:

title "openSUSE NetInstall 64"
    loopback loop (hd0,2)/iso/openSUSE-11.3-NET-x86_64.iso
    kernel (loop)/boot/x86_64/openSUSE
    initrd (loop)/boot/x86_64/initrd-xen

menuentry and curly brackets are specific to Grub2.
I don’t know anything about loopback loop, never done that. The question is if you need (hd0,2) (as in Grub2) or the equivalent in Legacy Grub, which would be (hd0,1), as partition numbering starts at 0 (as opposed to 1 in Grub2).

I wrote in thread title that its a GRUB2. Also I have no problems with lines above “linux”. As I wrote in my previous post when I type in GRUB console “ls (loop)/” I can view iso contents.

In other words /openSUSE is a kernel and it should load but for some reason it does not and you also have no idea why it doesn’t.

Well to bad. I wont be getting my wonderful MultiBootUSB with openSUSE