Grub2 -- should it list all the kernels I currently have installed as boot options?

Hello,

I have been keeping a couple kernels here on openSUSE 12.3, should a menu entry be added to Grub2 when ever I get a new kernel?
To clarify, I have two kernels listed in yast as being installed but I never see the older one listed as a bootable option in grub2. I guess this is not possible?

I would like to have the backup/older one listed in grub2 menu when I install a new kernel in case things go south with the amd driver or some other hot mess like with kernel 3.10.

If you enter “Advanced Options” in the boot menu, all your kernels should be shown (plus a recovery mode for each of them).

For additional help in using Grub 2, have a look at my bash script you can find here:

GNU Grub2 Command Listing Helper with --help & Input - Blogs - openSUSE Forums

Thank You,

To beautify boot menu we have taken the opportunity of hiding options from run of the mil users :wink:

hehehehe, yea I obviously never looked under Advanced because well…run of the mil I guess.:\

Probably it should read “more options…” or something instead of “advanced” :slight_smile: More user friendly that way.