Graphics Card Configuration Help Pls!!!

Hi there,

I have a Dell Optiplex sx270, Intel chipsets all the way. My graphics card is the Intel 865g graphics controller. I had 11.2 installed and just updated via the network disk to 11.3 hoping to avoid the blank screen problems. I had blank screen at boot every which way until i finally used -xforcevesa and now I finally have my desktop. Yay! Now please tell a noob how from here to configure my drivers or whatever so that I don’t have to keep doing it this way? Thanks.

openSUSE Graphic Card Practical Theory Guide for Users
Has alot of helpful information. I’d try creating the xorg.conf file first.

I was hoping there was some way to avoid working with code. I read the pre-install and graphics card configuring stuff before I installed. I just looked at the practical guide and my stomach did flip flops. I was hoping there was something I could get from the package manager or something lol.

And it wouldn’t let me boot to runlevel 3. (that’s what it says to do to configure xorg) I tried that before xforcevesa. It went to blank screen then too. I’m so frustrated.

There is also this guide SDB:Configuring graphics cards - openSUSE

Cheers! :slight_smile:

I went into the software manager and updated the intel legacy drivers. I crossed my fingers and prayed and rebooted. It went to blank screen for like a minute, but it came back! I did not have to use -xforcevesa. I FINALLY have 11.3!

Thanks for the help.